Moral dilemna.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
So if you were hypothetically out of the country and stayed at a hypothetical hotel and because you hypothetically had to check out early they hypothetically had to refund the last day, but accidentally refunded for the entire week (reportedly, around $680), would you hypothetically point out to this hypothetical hotel that you might possibly owe them $700 or would you play hypothetically dumb? :idunno:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
It would hypothetically depend on what country you're in.

Third World? Man, you can't do that, they need the money.

But, say, hypothetically, you're in, oh, I don't know CANADA? F them. They don't need th emoney.

Get home and buy a hypothetical hotter hooker than you normally would.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Is not burning in hell for all eternity worth $700 to you?

Because I draw that line at an even grand. But it's your call. :p

(Pay the money back.)

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Here is the only reason I would give the hypothetical money back.

The person that gave you the extra money by accident, could get fired for their mistake and you don't want to cost somebody their job. That, next to stealing, is the WORST thing a person can ever do, in my opinion.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
All I will say is KARMA!!!!!!

Although it would be really sweet to save, I think I would live in fear that they would then come after me and I wouldn't have it any longer to give back if they could prove anything... But like I said KARMA is a huge thing to think about really.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
One man's moral is another man's win? No. One man's moral is another man's..... There has to be a saying like this.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
All I will say is KARMA!!!!!!

Although it would be really sweet to save, I think I would live in fear that they would then come after me and I wouldn't have it any longer to give back if they could prove anything... But like I said KARMA is a huge thing to think about really.

I'm still assuming that the charge just hasn't shown up yet. It showed as a $700 pending charge for the week I was there. I'll wait and see I guess. Definitely not easy to point out a $700 mistake to the canadian Holiday Inn.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I'm still assuming that the charge just hasn't shown up yet. It showed as a $700 pending charge for the week I was there. I'll wait and see I guess. Definitely not easy to point out a $700 mistake to the canadian Holiday Inn.

We just stayed at a Holiday Inn a few weeks back in a few hours down the road from us here in Canada and they sent us a survey through email to fill out about our stay with them... Hubby just deleted it because he didn't have the time to sit down and fill one of those out and didn't really want to and they ended up sending in another and another until he did it.. lol The one question they failed to put in their survey was "What do you think about this Survey"... lol Guess they don't care to know the truth there on that one...

Yeah if they have made a mistake, I would contact them and discuss it with them and give it back to them, it will come back to you some way or another, believe me it is always better that way..

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
You wouldn't have started this thread if you weren't the sort of person who would be troubled by profiting from this error. Therefore, you should tell them about it for your own benefit.

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
I represent the Canadian Holiday Inn chain. I'm glad you are doing the right thing in returning the money. Hope you enjoyed your stay here. Just make that $700 check out to PACanesFan.