Montoya gets pole....

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Wow....

I bet a lot of drivers are eager to get around him considering his....uh...."run-ins" with drivers. :rolleyes:

Truex in 3rd....good for him.

Lots of rookies or semi-new drivers up front. Could be interesting.

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
:ter:I know he's not one of the most popular guys amongst fans but, I kinda like him, glad he got the pole and he's another one I wouldn't mind seeing win. I don't think he has an oval win yet...does he??:confused:

Mark Martin and Jr didn't do too bad either; wonder what happened to JJ???

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
You should have heard all the boos he got when he got into the back of Bowyer during last years Daytona 500. I wore my JPM t-shirt the day before. I was wearing my Jeff Gordon t-shirt that day...:right:

It's hard to believe how many people don't like JPM. He's aggressive, and I like that in a driver...:)

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
You should have heard all the boos he got when he got into the back of Bowyer during last years Daytona 500. I wore my JPM t-shirt the day before. I was wearing my Jeff Gordon t-shirt that day...:right:

It's hard to believe how many people don't like JPM. He's aggressive, and I like that in a driver...:)

I like his frequently used comment "get over it" :p

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I don't mind him and its always refreshing to see someone different up front with the potential to win for a change.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute

I like him too, ever since he won the Indy 500, but you know "he's not from around here" and that's why lots of people don't like him. Aggrssiveness is OK if you are one of the "good ole boys", but not for an outsider.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
and that's why lots of people don't like him. Aggrssiveness is OK if you are one of the "good ole boys", but not for an outsider.

Are we talking Kyle or Montoya? :p

But to your point...I do like to pull for drivers from the southeast. Unless they're a total jerk or something. :cool:

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
Congratulations to JPM for sure.
What I don't understand is, if you can't go below the yellow line to improve your position during the race, why can you do it in qualifying?

The replay I saw shows Montoya doing just that.
I understand that it probably didn't do all that much to improve his time but it's still a shorter way around and would make some kind of difference.