Monday - July 25

Discussion in 'Howard Stern' started by Neigh, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I listened from 6 to 7:15 and started listening again at 9. So far, 15 minutes or so on Howard taking photos. Five minutes or so doing his mother's voice worrying about his excercising; 5 to 10 minutes on Ronnie being upset at Lisa G for not covering his audition and on how bad an actor Ronnie is; 15 minutes or so on Scott the Engineer daring to accept a compliment without acknowledging his worthlessness (Howard is a mean son of bitch and he's got the whole staff following his lead). He did this bit last week and it was lame then.. This is not the way to start the week. When I got to work, I tuned into King of All Blacks and his cousin trying to get the 60 year old Robin to go out on a date... King of All Blacks is torture... King of All Blacks and his cousin doing an extended bit is slow torture.. Anything of note happen between 7:25 and 9? Any mention of Steve Langford? I wonder if Howard thought five minutes about the show during his four days off?
  2. IronJabroni

IronJabroni Well-Known Member

look...it's a full-on coast job from here on out...accept this and the healing can begin
  3. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

He cannot make it through 4 1/2 years relying on drawn out and repeated bits about staff quirks, quarrels and backbiting..and whack pack shit... .
  4. voliconjoe

voliconjoe Well-Known Member

Time to get artie back I guess
  5. jef

jef Power Pig, Hello!

I actually bailed this AM during the Teacher/Student couple interview and flipped over to the Geektime replay.
  6. IronJabroni

maybe not...but who could stop him?
  7. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I don't think he himself can live with winging it for that long... Of course, he is quite capable deeming himself a genius for doing Scott the Engineer put downs and of patting himself on the back for "original content" consisting of Sal and Richard amateur hour skits.. but surely eventually the fans unhappiness would get to him... We really do need Artie..
  8. IronJabroni

I disagree, he's over it, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong. He considers the fact that he didn't 100% retire to be a gift to Sirius/any listeners.
  9. RDog

RDog New Member

I only heard bits and pieces today, somehow the prospect of finding a 60-year-old woman a date wasn't alluring enough for me to stay tuned, but I did hear the very end of Robin's news, where Howard crowbarred in how much he loves his iPad, his iPad got him pregnant or some other lame joke. Gotta get that stock price up.
  10. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

agreed. i truly think howard believes he knocks it out of the park every show. When you surround yourself with yesmen, why wouldn't you think you were killing it every day.
  11. geosync

geosync Active Member

Some of you claim you'd like more scott the engineer type bashing, that it's your favorite bit from yesteryear, he does it, and you bitch. :bigcry:
  12. Bark

Bark Hear dat?

I think our complaint is this. It's a great bit . . . once, but when he brings it up again the next week with nothing new to add to it, it sucks. It's almost like a live rerun.
  13. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

affirmative
  14. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

I was never one to claim that. The Scott from Block song was funny; Scott doing pushups, and other bits over years were funny. But the latest ones.. Shuli pranking Scott (so forced, so contrived, so unfunny) and Scott getting trashed for accepting a compliment were seriously unfunny. Something particularly mean this time about the whole staff ganging up on him for not rejecting the compliment and for generally being a loser. Sure .. do more Scott bits but do halfway funny ones...
  15. memebag

memebag Unspeakable Leakness

Why would the next 4.5 years be any different than the last 30?
  16. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

how bout he take turns bashing everyone. I mean ronnie, gary, scott, jason, sal, jd, sabien, and richard. I wish he'd bash john hein, but he seems like he'd take it too personal.

the last few years, howard almost NEVER goofs on gary anymore.
  17. beaniemac

beaniemac Well-Known Member

man, I just really wish someone on howard's current staff would just ONCE stand up to him for a change. I hate the ridiculous # of enablers and yes men he's surrounded by these days.
  18. Neigh

Neigh Well-Known Member

Unfair... he did great interviews, had many great musical guests, breast painting sessions, road trips to LA, Las Vagas and London among others, Code Red in Cleveland, attacked by Elaine "Looser's" boyfriend, wonderful Gary rants, amazingly rude departure from the grand Gary dinner party, made magic with Artie, many good bits on his mother and father, endless dumping on Jackie (with Robin's able assistance)... and much much more..., oh... I nearly forgot... the Sybian ride of all time down on the floor conducted by Dave (and i don't Little Lupe), Randy the magician hynotizing the whole crew, the the chain saw like female masterbation machines that had the ladies who were demonstrating squiriting all on Gary ... the OJ phony phone call to ABC...
  19. Chance00

Chance00 New Member

ignore this, posted in the wrong thread.