MNF - 12/1...who's watching?!?!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I know, I know...most of you just can't wait to see the 4-7 Jaguars take on the 4-7 Texans tonight on Monday Night Football. What a marquee match-up!!!

Actually, sarcasm aside, I realize this game is going to be a stinker for ESPN and the NFL tonight. BUT, that won't stop me from getting excited. In the Texans seventh season, we are finally going to be on Monday Night Football!!! And we're lookin for a little payback after the overtime loss earlier this season in Jacksonville.

GO TEXANS!!! NUMBER 1!!!

samanthaO.jpg
VINYLMAGNET-TEXANS.jpg

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
Yes, you get to this point of the season and you can get some dog matchups as it's 2teams playing for nothing but pride....Kansas City-Oakland was such a game yesterday. But I'm a diehard football fan....it's kind of like a pizza, it may not be the best, but it's still good. That's why you'll see me in front of the tube the last half of December watching 2 6-6 college football teams going at it in some toilet bowl. It's still football. The only football games I don't watch is all-star games and arena stuff.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'll be watchin, it is a divisional game. Though this may determine the bottom of the division, rather than the top.;) Hope it's a good game. I'll watch just about any game if it keeps my interest.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I will be watching as well with the mute button on and my Sirius Radio tuned into the Westwood One telecast.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
toro.gif

Texans win!

I know Kornheiser made fun of the "battle red" jerseys the Texans wore tonight, but I like 'em. They usually just wear white jerseys with blue pants, like what Toro above is fashioning. So seeing them in something different is refreshing.

Now, if only Houston could have started the season by playing this well. That 0-4 start killed us. Since then, they've gone 5-3...not bad.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
My thanks to Steve Slaton for having a good game!
You helped my fantasy team to victory this week. :bigthumbup:

I'm sure you enjoyed that late, meaningless 40-yard TD run!

And finally, for the first time ever, the Texans have a legit running game with Slaton. Running the football has always been a challenge for the Texans. I mean, Ron Dayne was our featured back for the past two seasons. I guess Domanick Davis was okay 4-5 years ago...I'm sure you remember him, Aaron.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
good game, I'm glad the Texans won that game! The only MNF game I have ever been too was the first one at the new Cardinals stadium which was a good game, but they lost to the Bears!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Whatever happened to Domanick Davis? Got injured?
I wonder if he's still in the league. :idunno:

Yeah he injured his knee pretty badly during the '05 season and never played again. The Texans cut him in '06. Up until Slaton, he's been Houston's best running back.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
good game, I'm glad the Texans won that game! The only MNF game I have ever been too was the first one at the new Cardinals stadium which was a good game, but they lost to the Bears!

That was the famous "The Bears are who we thought they were!" game.
Urlacher was awesome that game.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I watched the last 5 minutes. Got my moneys worth. :) Glad you guys beat those Jags.

This thursday's NFL network game is another stinker Oakland @ San Diego. TSN was promoting it and said "Well this matchup kinda sucks but at least its a divisional rivalry. Please watch anyways".

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Tirico mentioned something interesting during last night's broadcast. I think he said it was only the ninth time in MNF history where the two teams were at least 3 games below .500. So unless you're a Houston fan like me, last night's game was pretty forgettable.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Tirico mentioned something interesting during last night's broadcast. I think he said it was only the ninth time in MNF history where the two teams were at least 3 games below .500. So unless you're a Houston fan like me, last night's game was pretty forgettable.

I think ESPN should be allowed to Flex Schedule.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Problem is, NBC already does that with their Sunday night game. So how would you work that out? Maybe ESPN and NBC could alternate weeks with first pick in games?

Since I am sure NBC payed a pretty penny for the right to first flex, they should get first pick. ESPN would get the second pick.

I suspect that CBS and FOX would likely object as they would lose 2 of their prime matchups.

But maybe the pick order could be determined by a hat with NBC, ESPN and the double header network getting the first 3 picks in a random order. This would probably never fly with the networks.