MM's New Ride

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Well, living in a new house means new toys.

Here it is:

And my new trailer:

Since I have almost an acre of grass to cut, pushing wasn't an option for me. I used to take 3 hours every four days to cut and that wasn't even doing the whole yard.

Last edited:
Reactions: semipenguin

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I like it! I am sure it will make your life much easier. Nothing worse than killing yourself dealing with the lawn. I use to have a huge lawn like that, but I've sold off some of my property so now I don't have nearly as much to cut.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Kudos to you, MM for pulling the trigger on the tractor. I do belive that is the Craftsman LT1000 is it not?

I almost bought one of those last year but decided I was too young and the yard was just too small to go with the tractor. I could really use one because I've got a little more than .5 acre but I just push it. Gets me out of the house, no kids, no wife nagging and I get a little time to catch up on Howard.

How does it ride? What inch deck is that? 42 right?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Awesome! It would only take me 10 minutes (or one beer) to mow my lawn with that.

You have to pimp it out with an SL2 dock. Taylor will hook you up.

Check this one out. Cheap Trick's guitar player (Rick Nielson) has a pimped out John Deere that matches his signature checkerboard guitars. It's up over the line in Michigan at the Henry Ford Museum as part of a rock n roll exhibit:
Part of the exhibit for Rock Stars' Cars & Guitars 2 in Henry Ford Museum. This is Rick Nielson's (Cheap Trick) checkerboard painted John Deere riding lawn mower.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36zMWISW8hw]YouTube - Rick Nielson's checkerboard painted John Deere riding lawnmower[/ame]

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
Kudos to you, MM for pulling the trigger on the tractor. I do belive that is the Craftsman LT1000 is it not?

I almost bought one of those last year but decided I was too young and the yard was just too small to go with the tractor. I could really use one because I've got a little more than .5 acre but I just push it. Gets me out of the house, no kids, no wife nagging and I get a little time to catch up on Howard.

How does it ride? What inch deck is that? 42 right?

It's a LT2000 with a 42" deck, 19 hp. I have added the wheels on the blade deck and the mulch kit.

I knew last year that I would need to get one. It was a great deal at Sears.

The ride is smooth. I got the 6 speed transmission. I didn't need automatic or anything fancy.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
It's a LT2000 with a 42" deck, 19 hp. I have added the wheels on the blade deck and the mulch kit.

I knew last year that I would need to get one. It was a great deal at Sears.

The ride is smooth. I got the 6 speed transmission. I didn't need automatic or anything fancy.

Nice job. I've really been thinking of getting one of these lately. I like cutting the grass but it takes about an 1.5 hours pushing and getting that much time for ONE task is pretty hard.

Anyway, sweet ride. Keep us posted on how she does.