MLB Home Plate

plb139

Oct 15, 2008
When will Sirius finally acknowledge that the channel is apart of the Best of XM lineup. I called customer service and asked if it will be broadcast on the internet like the NHL and PGA channels and they said they didn't know about the channel. Come on, I told them their are commercials for the channel playing. Do they not listen to their own product.

Anyway, has anyone heard when it may be added to the Sirius web page and we may get it on the internet? Thank you.

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
The CS Rep probably hasn't had their sheet they read off of updated. Sirius acknowledges Home Plate...I've heard some commercials for it for Best of XM.

plb139

Oct 15, 2008
I'm sorry...

I did not realize that, I will try to explore more. Thank you for directing me.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
One of the originals of Home Plate is now out as he will do play by play for the Blue Jays.

Buck Martinez:

Buck-Martinez-XM.jpg

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
MLB Rebrands XM Radio Channel to MLB Network Radio

Credit to Ryan from another site:

Extending television brand, programs to satellite radio service

By Alex Weprin -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/26/2010 12:57:42 PM
Just a few weeks before the start of the 2010 season, Major League Baseball is rebranding its MLB Home Plate channel on XM Satellite Radio as MLB Network Radio.

In addition to the new name, the channel will simulcast a number of MLB Network programs, including its nightly studio program MLB Tonight. The daytime lineup of talk programming will remain unchanged.

The move expands the MLB Network brand beyond the television network, and gives listeners to the channel an opportunity to sample MLB Network programming in the car or on the go.

"When fans are in their cars and can't watch MLB Network on TV, they can tune into our programming on satellite radio," said Tony Petitti, president and CEO of MLB Network, in a statement. "It's important for us to continue to raise awareness about MLB Network's programming and deep roster of on-air talent as we enter our second regular season on the air."

MLB Network Radio will remain on XM channel 175, and Sirius channel 210.

MLB Rebrands XM Radio Channel to MLB Network Radio - 2010-03-26 16:57:42 | Broadcasting & Cable

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Credit to Ryan from another site:

Extending television brand, programs to satellite radio service

By Alex Weprin -- Broadcasting & Cable, 3/26/2010 12:57:42 PM
Just a few weeks before the start of the 2010 season, Major League Baseball is rebranding its MLB Home Plate channel on XM Satellite Radio as MLB Network Radio.

In addition to the new name, the channel will simulcast a number of MLB Network programs, including its nightly studio program MLB Tonight. The daytime lineup of talk programming will remain unchanged.

The move expands the MLB Network brand beyond the television network, and gives listeners to the channel an opportunity to sample MLB Network programming in the car or on the go.

"When fans are in their cars and can't watch MLB Network on TV, they can tune into our programming on satellite radio," said Tony Petitti, president and CEO of MLB Network, in a statement. "It's important for us to continue to raise awareness about MLB Network's programming and deep roster of on-air talent as we enter our second regular season on the air."

MLB Network Radio will remain on XM channel 175, and Sirius channel 210.

MLB Rebrands XM Radio Channel to MLB Network Radio - 2010-03-26 16:57:42 | Broadcasting & Cable

The conspiracy theorist in me says this means they'll expand the channel beyond XM, and become another ESPN Radio or FOX Sports radio. Start picking up affiliates in the terrestrial world maybe? Maybe start offering it on the MLB apps for the respective smartphones.

IndianBird

Dec 17, 2008
I think they may have already dumped the Show with Jody MacDonald

that pisses me off, maybe it's only temporary

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
can anyone help me find streaming baseball? i have streams for all the other sports but cant find mlb. if you can help that would be great! respond or PM me please. thanks a lot!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
MANAGERS AT THE MIC Hear what many big league skippers think about their teams when they chat live on MLB Network Radio.

Mondays: Bob Geren, A's 1:35 pm ET (2nd & 4th week of each month)

Tuesdays: Manny Acta, Indians TBD (2nd & 4th week); Bud Black, Padres 11:35 am ET (weekly); John Russell, Pirates 1:35 pm ET (2nd & 4th week); Cito Gaston, Blue Jays 3:05 pm ET (1st & 3rd week); Dan Wakamatsu, Mariners 4:05 pm ET (weekly)

Wednesdays: Charlie Manuel, Phillies 11:35 am ET (weekly); Brad Mills, Astros 12:35 pm ET (2nd & 4th week); Ron Washington, Rangers 1:05 pm ET (weekly)

Thursdays: Jim Riggleman, Nationals 8:35 am ET (1st & 3rd week); A.J. Hinch, Diamondbacks 11:03 am ET (weekly)

Fridays: Dave Trembley, Orioles 11:35 am ET (1st & 3rd week); Joe Maddon, Rays TBD (weekly); Fredi Gonzalez, Marlins TBD (monthly)

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
ALL-STAR FESTIVITIES
The baseball world turns its attention to Anaheim, CA for the 2010 Midsummer Classic. Check out the schedule of shows and events from Angel Stadium and the All-Star FanFest.

Fri., July 9
Power Alley 10 am ET

Sat., July 10
Ripken Baseball at FanFest 12 pm ET w/ special guest Rod Carew
Inside Pitch at FanFest 2 pm ET
Home Plate at FanFest 6 pm ET

Sun., July 11
Inside Pitch at FanFest 12 pm ET
Minors & Majors at Angel Stadium 3 pm ET
XM Futures Pre-Game at Angel Stadium 5:30 pm ET
Home Plate at FanFest 9 pm ET

Mon., July 12
Inside Pitch at FanFest 2 pm ET w/ special guest Hank Aaron
Home Run Derby Pre-Game at Angel Stadium 5 pm ET
Home Run Derby Post-Game at Angel Stadium TBD

Tue., July 13
Inside Pitch at FanFest 2 pm ET
All-Star Game Pre-Game at Angel Stadium 5 pm ET
All-Star Game Post-Game at Angel Stadium TBD

Wed., July 14
Power Alley 10 am ET
Inside Pitch 2 pm ET

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
(If I heard it correctly)
Yesterday, XM175 announced they will have a one hour special tonight at 7pm est.
(7/18/10)

Steinbrenner Remembered

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
2010 Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
Sunday 1:30 pm ET
Casey Stern & Jim Duquette will broadcast live from Cooperstown for the 2010 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony. Eight-time All-Star outfielder Andre Dawson, long-time umpire Doug Harvey and six-time division-winning manager Whitey Herzog will join the roster of baseball's all-time greats. Catch Casey & Jim all weekend as they lead up to the ceremony on Sunday.

Baseball Today pre-induction coverage Sunday from 10 am - 1:30 pm ET.

2010 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony 1:30 pm ET with a post-induction follow-up.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
New Years Day:

2:00 PM–3:00 PM est.
MLB Network Radio
XM 175 / SIRIUS 210 (must have Best of XM package)
MLB Year in Review

Re-live the 2010 Major League Baseball season from Spring Training to the World Series. You'll hear our coverage from all of baseball's major events as well as the best interviews and shows of the year.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
New Years Day:

2:00 PM–3:00 PM est.
MLB Network Radio
XM 175 / SIRIUS 210 (must have Best of XM package)
MLB Year in Review

Re-live the 2010 Major League Baseball season from Spring Training to the World Series. You'll hear our coverage from all of baseball's major events as well as the best interviews and shows of the year.

YankeePhilliesYankeesPhilliesCliffLeeSabathiaPhilliesHowardgoodforbaseballMetsYankeesRedSoxCliffLeeSabathiaJobaRedSoxPedroia
AmericanLeagueEastSteinbrennerRedSoxArodRiveraUtleyWerthPhilliesRedSoxSundayNightBaseballRedSoxYankees greatestrivalryinthegamechowdahJobaJObaJobabestteamsinbaseballphilliesyankeesWORLDSERIES....rangers upset Yankees...Giants upset Phillies...Giants first WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP.....

cliffleecliffleehalladaybestrotationinsportsjeterjeterjeterjobajeterphilliesredsoxphilliesredsox.....

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Sirius 210 / xm175

2011 Spring Training Tour
Hear our team hit the road for the 30 Teams in 30 Days Spring Training Tour. Hear interviews with players and coaches and much more to gear you up for the 2011 MLB season.

Grapefruit League - Live from Florida
Hosts: Mike Ferrin & Jim Duquette

Cactus League - Live from Arizona
Hosts: Casey Stern & Jim Bowden

Mon., Mar. 7 Cincinnati Reds 2 pm ET :buttrock:
Tues., Mar. 8 Cleveland Indians 2 pm ET
Wed., Mar. 9 Arizona Diamondbacks 2 pm ET
Thurs., Mar. 10 Chicago Cubs 2 pm ET
Fri., Mar. 11 Colorado Rockies 2 pm ET :whistle:
Sat., Mar. 12 Seattle Mariners 1 pm ET
Sun., Mar. 13 San Diego Padres 1 pm ET
Mon., Mar. 14 San Francisco Giants 2 pm ET :whistle: