MLB home plate on Sirius?????

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
I think 15 play by play channels may not be available.
what's going on during the summer, nascar and golf? i know nascar takes up a few channels, not so sure about golf. i think what may happen is that all of the xmpbp channels (or at least the vast majority) get used as well as a few channels on sirius that get converted. it may not be much of an issue though, 14 channels may be necessary most of the time (remember the cubs play mostly day games. the next first pitch sometimes is two hours later after that game is over).

we have a lot of time between now and opening day. there will be some sort of deal worked out so that every game will be on the radio. baseball has that kind of pull.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Yeah, but they don't even mention THAT on their website. If you go to the Best Of XM page on Sirius.com, there's no sign of MLB

Best Of XM

So either 1)it's not a done deal that it's staying, 2)they have laid off all of their promotions people or 3)they are just stupid. :confused:

Hey guys here is the link to the website , it just doesnt list all of the talent on Home Plate SIRIUS Satellite Radio - XM Sports Play-by-Play

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I'm not sure... Have the people on MLB Home Plate made any mention about this?

I have not heard anything.

On a side note, XM175 HOMEPLATE is going to air BEST OF 2008 GAMES on New Years day.

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelguide.xmc?ch=175

:bigclap:

EDIT: More INFO,

Ring in the New Year with MLB Home Plate

Re-live the best games of 2008 as we ring in 2009 on MLB Home Plate. You’ll hear some of the most memorable games of the season; from the epic All Star Game at The Stadium to the Red Sox thrilling comeback in Game 5 of the ALCS and much more. It’s the best games of 2008 on MLB Home Plate, all-day, New Year’s Day, on XM 175 and SIRIUS 210.

Last edited:

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Baseball on Sirius

Has anyone heard any more about the possibility of baseball on Sirius this season?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
The spring training games will start later this month. If SIRIUS broadcasts them, hopefully this will be a sign regular season games will come.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I wonder how will they broadcast them because of conflicts with the NHL NBA and College Sports I wonder If they will put 10 more channels on the best of XM for these games 198-207.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
I just have this (bad) feeling that if they were going to have the baseball games on Best Of XM, they'd be promoting the hell out of it, which they aren't. Not a peep.:mad:

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
the didn't promote or even mention they were adding mlb home plate and guess what, they did. in fact i believe one of us here on drc broke the news on it.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Given MLBs recent rebuff of Sirius XM with regards to their contract, if MLB asks for more money, I would not expect the play by play. But maybe they were able to change the wording from "XM satellites" to "Sirius XM satellites" without financial compensation. We will probably find out April 1st or whenever opening day is.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Some Spring training games now listed on XM's website. :ter:

MLB on XM

Game times and broadcast schedule are subject to change.

Additional games TBA. Check back soon.

Note: MLB teams usually do not broadcast EVERY spring training game so the schedule will be light especially at the start.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
you damn well know we will have to listen to the "what's on sirius sports" channel to find out if they are going to air them the next day since sirius never promotes anything.