MJ

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
If you enjoy the MJ stuff, listen to Bubba today...... We're going on an hour long tirade that is really exposing this little douche as a total dick... They are really ripping him to shreds.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Is there anywhere to get the whole story on this situation? I'm not from the Tampa area and we (the Sirius listeners) were kind of thrown into the middle of this thing without getting the whole story, unless I missed it.
All I know is, he's another Radio host in Tampa, he's suing Bubba and Bubba doesn't like it/him.

I'm not a fan of the Tampa-centric bits on the new show it's one of the things I don't like but maybe if I get the back story I'll 'get' it then.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Is there anywhere to get the whole story on this situation? I'm not from the Tampa area and we (the Sirius listeners) were kind of thrown into the middle of this thing without getting the whole story, unless I missed it.
All I know is, he's another Radio host in Tampa, he's suing Bubba and Bubba doesn't like it/him.

I'm not a fan of the Tampa-centric bits on the new show it's one of the things I don't like but maybe if I get the back story I'll 'get' it then.

I've only been marking out for 2 months since he's started on local terrestrial here.

But here is my understanding... MJ is a little douche, who came to Tampa, worked for ClearChannel, and got his ass kicked by Bubba in the ratings for years. He was somehow instrumental in convincing Clear Channel to fire Bubba. Once Bubba was fired, MJ was #1 in Tampa for 4 years. Bubba was bound by contractual terms to not speak about MJ... until he got this new deal with Cox. Now he is railing into MJ big time and exposing him, largely thanks to moles that work for MJ and ClearChannel and just hate the guy. Bubba goes on Cox and within months knocks MJ from 1 to 4th. MJ has filed a lawsuit for $300,000.00 against Bubba for calling him names, slander I think. Bubba and his lawyers are laughing their asses off because public figures are fair game, just go read a National Enquirer. MJ has tried to make deals that end the lawsuit and help charity, but Bubba does not want to end it. Bubba wants to be sued and wants to be taken to court. He wants MJ to keep sinking his money into this frivalous lawsuit. He thinks MJ is such a pussy that he files lawsuits because Bubba called him a dick, and he continues to call him a dick... daily.

Now MJ is hated by everyone in Tampa, and is ridiculed and harassed by Bubba Marks everywhere he goes. Bubba keeps getting info from the moles to make MJs life miserable. For example, they found a car dealership where he is trying to sell his old corvette. So Bubba is sending his fans to go test drive the hell out of it, and pretty much abuse the car.. you know.. see what it can do. :)

Today you'll hear MJ do a contest at Raymond James stadium, and he is booed by 65,000 fans. You'll also hear audio from the mole where MJ interviewed a manager at a corvette factory, where somehow, MJ is getting the very first vette in the state of Florida... How did he do that? Did he promise air time to Chevy without ClearChannels approval in exchange for discounts or preferential treatment? Wel.. They are looking into it.

I don't think MJ will be living in Tampa much longer.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Yeah.... I don't know. I love Tampa, and occasionally spend weekends there, so I might not care either if he was warring with some Baltimore DJ.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
If there is one person left of terrestrial that you don't want kicking your ass and making fun of you, it is BUBBA.

I love the radio war type stuff and love hearing Bubba rail on people.

I will listen today with much interest.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
If you enjoy the MJ stuff, listen to Bubba today...... We're going on an hour long tirade that is really exposing this little douche as a total dick... They are really ripping him to shreds.

I wish they would put that on the "who gives a sh*t channel" cuz I could give a sh*t who some jabron local tampa dj is and why bubba insist on talking about him for at least 30 min a day.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I followed that drama last year and enjoyed it. But I can totally understand people getting sick of it. And there may still be a trial in the future so who knows what'll happen.