Miscellaneous News Thread

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
That sucks. Hopefully he either keeps his job, or finds one with a good company.
There is way too much hype being thrown around by the media.
Every morning starts off with a "Breaking News" alert, for pretty much nothing.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
That sucks. Hopefully he either keeps his job, or finds one with a good company.
There is way too much hype being thrown around by the media.
Every morning starts off with a "Breaking News" alert, for pretty much nothing.

I've not heard too much good stuff about Sinclair Media.

I've heard that it takes two managers to open the office supply cabinet to get a box of pens.

Cross them, and you'll disappear.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Joe Crain complained about all the "Code Red" weather alerts. Here in Los Angeles, all the local television newscasts do something similar every time a rainstorm is moving south toward this area. In such instances, the impending rain is almost always the lead story on every newscast, and every station (KABC, KCAL, KCBS, KNBC, KTLA, KTTV) puts up the same graphic: STORM WATCH. Sometimes the predicted rainfall is only a tenth of an inch. Sometimes a storm will dissipate before it gets this far south. Sometimes a storm will change direction and bypass the Los Angeles area. But if there is even the slightest possibility of rain, the newscasts' lead story will be STORM WATCH. Sheesh!​

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
The last time I noticed, the local West Palm Beach news I watch (WPTV) is owned by Scripps Broadcasting. They use that same text overlay style that pretty much all local news uses but the weather isn't all doom and gloom unless a hurricane is somewhere nearby.

Ft. Lauderdale and Miami have normal local news but also channel 7 (WSVN) that is owned by Sunbeam TV Corp and it's real fun to watch but kinda a joke. It's like a TMZ of local news and they love to really exaggerate everything, from weather to crashes on 95 and everything else.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Yesterday on Father's day two of the worst father's out there tweeted out.

Bill Cosby in jail, but looks somebody is running his account.

Now the juice is loose on Twitter.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule

X-Files-main-title.jpeg

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
X-Files dealt with aliens. You probably meant this show.

Finding-Bigfoot.jpg

They did an episode about the Jersey Devil, which is more or less the the east coast version of Bigfoot.

Side note, when I was a kid and we would drive down to the Jersey shore for vacation I would put towels up over the windows of the car cause I didn't want the Jersey Devil to get us. I'm pretty sure I saved my family's life with my heroic actions.