Miscellaneous News Thread

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
"Delta" must stand for "Drinking ere loading this airplane."

A Delta pilot was removed from a fully boarded plane and arrested on suspicion of being intoxicated

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Four days ago I posted the story of a Delta pilot who was taken off a plane and arrested for being drunk. As the saying goes, "History repeats itself."

Reactions: JHDK

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Four days ago I posted the story of a Delta pilot who was taken off a plane and arrested for being drunk. As the saying goes, "History repeats itself."

At least they were drinking single-malts.

• Haha

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Well we had this fun story over the weekend:

and I guess we should have seen this coming:

After all, we are talking about the place where this:

was the big prison news just the week before.

Reactions: semipenguin

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Whoever was the first to realize people would eagerly spend large sums of money on plain old water in small plastic bottles is a genius! Considering people's willingness to pay more for a gallon of plain old water than they pay for a gallon of gasoline, I have no doubt these same people will also spend large sums of money to buy Dasani and Aquafina – plain old water – in aluminum cans. Do they not not have water faucets in their kitchens and bathrooms?

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I don't care about the medicinal benefits the FDA cooks claim aren't true. I like to drink it to wash down a nice meal of Tide pods.

• Wow
Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Whoever was the first to realize people would eagerly spend large sums of money on plain old water in small plastic bottles is a genius! Considering people's willingness to pay more for a gallon of plain old water than they pay for a gallon of gasoline, I have no doubt these same people will also spend large sums of money to buy Dasani and Aquafina – plain old water – in aluminum cans. Do they not not have water faucets in their kitchens and bathrooms?
Tell people in Flint Michigan their tap water is OK. A lot of town/city water is not great, and it often needs to be treated to remain safe. The treatment makes it unpleasant to use for drinking water. And much of the country (like me for most of my life) is on private well water. There's all sorts of stuff in well water, and again, it might be safe (or not) but unpleasant to drink.

Personally, I'm not an advocate of bottled water. We keep a case of Poland Springs for when we're out and about, but we drink filtered water at home, and I generally don't buy bottled water when I'm out. In my opinion, the bottled water craze has been more harmful to the environment than anything else. And yes, it's crazy how much they can charge for it. But generally, it's less than a bottle of soda, and better for you.

Dasani is not "plain old water", it's distilled. Other bottled water is similarly controlled to have certain things, and not other things. So you have to ask yourself; is a can of Dasani for $1.50 better or worse than a can of coke for $1.75?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I buy water by the gallon, usually for a dollar or less. I'm not terribly particular the name on the label. I drink lots of water. Not cold either. Room temperature water for me.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
You all know my very strong thoughts about protesters who block traffic.

This man is an American Hero:

1565969095153.png

If you're gonna protest by blocking a street, stop bitching when you get your ass run the f over.

It looks like no one got seriously hurt. One guy claims he broke his leg...I'd bet it's either not broken or he took a hammer to it to get attention when he saw his chance.

The best part is when the all the derelicts get maced.

A woman can also be heard saying: 'I got pepper sprayed, please help me.'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Last edited:

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
C'mon Hectic, slow down!
Rodney King?????

View attachment 5532

If you're gonna protest by blocking a street, stop bitching when you get your ass run the f over.

It looks like no one got seriously hurt. One guy claims he broke his leg...I'd bet it's either not broken or he took a hammer to it to get attention when he saw his chance.

:facepalm:

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

View attachment 5532

Dude, that was a corrections officer that attacked peaceful protesters with his vehicle! They're not blocking a road, and he's not some random driver. They're protesting in a parking lot.

You need to go recheck the 1st amendment. You've got a serious problem picking sides by how you feel.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Here in California, the 19th century is over. Jedediah Smith, Manuel Lisa and Andrew Henry will no longer be able to trap beavers in the state and sell the pelts to the Hudson's Bay Company and the North West Company.

California becomes first state to ban fur trapping after Governor Newsom signs law