Miscellaneous News Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
"Dad? Assuming you're really my dad and not my mom – do you think I should buy a blue razor.....or a pink razor? Do you think I should shave my legs.....or not shave my legs? I'm so confused."

New Gillette ad shows dad giving transgender son a lesson on shaving

New Gillette ad shows dad giving transgender son a lesson on shaving - theGrio
They're really doubling down on this silliness.

I'm a Bic man now. It was not some grand protest gesture but last time I was buying razors I noticed they are way cheaper so I gave em a shot. They work well and I'm happy with the savings.

Also, I'm sure your all dying to hear this news...I trimmed my balls over the weekend. No razors involved but the sideburns clipper of my Norelco did the job pretty well as always.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I've watched a few videos on how a single blade works a lot better than those multiblade razors.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I use a Mach 3 from years ago. I use generic Walmart Blades. Last longer than the regular ones and is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I gave up on blades. Electric may not be the closest shave, but it's the fastest and easiest.
Funny, I went the other way. I used an electric shaver because my dad did. But in recent years, I was having all sorts of problems with crappy shaves and dull rotary heads. I got a Braun shaver and it was even worse. The Mrs convinced me to try a blade, and it works.

Reactions: JHDK

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Funny, I went the other way. I used an electric shaver because my dad did. But in recent years, I was having all sorts of problems with crappy shaves and dull rotary heads. I got a Braun shaver and it was even worse. The Mrs convinced me to try a blade, and it works.
I did the same thing. Being bald my shave was always uneven with a eclectic. Tried the blade and liked it a lot better. It was the mrs (at that time still the girlfriend) who convinced me to try.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That's me too. I've always used a Norelco cause my dad does and it is a Dutch brand but now I'm like 50-50 shaver to razor depending on how I feel that day. Each has advantages and disadvantages. Norelco is a worse shave but no water or cream needed. Blades are much closer but messier to get done.

scotchandcigar

arrogant bastard
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Florida: $1.00

We got something right! How's your state hold up?

How much $1 is actually worth in all 50 states | Daily Mail Online
This is one of those times when getting good value for the dollar isn't necessarily the best thing, it just means you live in an undesirable shithole state.

Maine is at $1.02, but I live on the southern coast, which has home values more than twice the state average. Likewise, in any state, if you average the pricey urban areas with the unpopulated rural areas, you'll get a meaningless figure.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
This is one of those times when getting good value for the dollar isn't necessarily the best thing, it just means you live in an undesirable shithole state.

Maine is at $1.02, but I live on the southern coast, which has home values more than twice the state average. Likewise, in any state, if you average the pricey urban areas with the unpopulated rural areas, you'll get a meaningless figure.
That's about us.
With all of the rural areas that we've got, it skews the urban areas.