Miscellaneous News Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I think KFC is more addictive than the drugs, and probably worse for you.

I've recreationally both crushed and bumped a bunch of oxy and eaten a bunch on KFC. I can pretty definitively tell you one is somewhat more addictive than the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I've recreationally both crushed and bumped a bunch of oxy and eaten a bunch on KFC. I can pretty definitively tell you one is somewhat more addictive than the other.

And we know how addictive oxy is. The Kernel should be dug up and arrested.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Update to what I talked about a couple months ago:

I read this and thought the guy must have blown it all but it's much worse:

Homeless veteran who won $400,000 through GoFundMe donations is back on the streets | Daily Mail Online

So they won't give him the money and claim they spent 200k on his needs but won't say what those needs are. They bought him a camper instead of the promised house and say they gave him 25k that he blew on drugs and friends. So what? When you donate to a homeless man, online or otherwise, you have to be a moron not to think there is a good chance the money will be going to drugs. It's his money he should be allowed to waste all 400k on drugs if that is what he wants. And the girl has a new BMW, gone on a trip to Disney and the dude has been spotted gambling. Hopefully the GoFundMe lawyers will straighten it out...at least they are working for free, otherwise he'd only have like 10k left when it was all settled.

That said, when you are this cute:

4F5AEAA400000578-6094585-image-m-6_1535113502491.jpg

4F5B1B5300000578-6094585-McClure_is_shown_at_Disney_earlier_this_year-m-38_1535114738376.jpg

my usual sense of moral outrage is very much tamed. Poor girl just wants to have some fun...let her do her thing.

This story turned out to be the perfect reflection of the internet as a whole in 2018:

Homeless man, couple allegedly conspired to deceive GoFundMe funds: report

Starts off as a feel good story about helping a homeless vet, then moves into mob outrage when people think money was stolen from that vet, then turns out the entire thing was fake news. All the while one of the main players is a cute IG model type girl.

Fascinating to see this all the way through.

Homeless man conspired with couple who raised $400k on GoFundMe | Daily Mail Online

Screen-Shot-2018-11-15-at-9.25.54-AM.png

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Update to what I talked about a couple months ago:

This story turned out to be the perfect reflection of the internet as a whole in 2018:

Homeless man, couple allegedly conspired to deceive GoFundMe funds: report

Starts off as a feel good story about helping a homeless vet, then moves into mob outrage when people think money was stolen from that vet, then turns out the entire thing was fake news. All the while one of the main players is a cute IG model type girl.

Fascinating to see this all the way through.

Homeless man conspired with couple who raised $400k on GoFundMe | Daily Mail Online

Screen-Shot-2018-11-15-at-9.25.54-AM.png
Uhh, don't want to get all political, but the exact same thing happened 2 years ago.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Dunkin' Donuts owner calls police on woman who tries to use store's free Wi-Fi

The article is pretty long, basically the Dunkin Donuts owner was being racial profiling to some black people. For not buy much stuff and accusing of them of loitering there using the free wi-fi.

If a store offers free wi-fi, people are going to take advantage of it.
I'm sorry my liberal friend, but I'm siding with the owner. This statement by the customer, “I told her I planned on buying coffee after I got settled, but not if it were mandated.” is bullshit. It's not her remote office, it's a place of business, and one shouldn't "get settled" until they purchase something. She says if the policy was mandated, she wouldn't follow it. OK, so bye-bye lady, make some room for paying customers.