MiRGE Radio

mrmustard

May 1, 2009
Hey guys,

This is my first post and I've got a question concerning the new MiRGE radio.

My car currently has the Sportster 4 and I want to swap it with the MiRGE.

Can I use the Sportster dock and antenna for the MiRGE, or do I have to install a new dock and route a new antenna?

Thanks!!

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I'm pretty sure you can just swap one out for the other. The thing is sweet looking.

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
I am not too sure about the antenna, but I am certain that you would have to go with a new dock and any other accessories, ie boombox, remote, home kit, etc.

The Mirge is exclusive to Sirius and XM and we aren't able to carry the radio, otherwise I could give you a much more accurate answer and how much it would cost to replace certain accessories.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am not too sure about the antenna, but I am certain that you would have to go with a new dock and any other accessories, ie boombox, remote, home kit, etc.

The Mirge is exclusive to Sirius and XM and we aren't able to carry the radio, otherwise I could give you a much more accurate answer and how much it would cost to replace certain accessories.

They really don't want it sold widespread do they? This radio has a "I am an FCC requirement only" written all over it.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
what the hell is that? One of the biggest sat radio dealers can't carry this radio?

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They really don't want it sold widespread do they? This radio has a "I am an FCC requirement only" written all over it.

Yeah. What good IS this radio? It seems it comes with a $20 a month plan.

Honestly, i'd just get an XMP3 with a boombox and be done with it.

I believe the MiRGE is based on XM's Xpress and Xpress RC technology. (They look almost identical.) If you have an Xpress, you should be able to painlessly upgrade. If not, you'll most likely need a new dock.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Yeah. What good IS this radio? It seems it comes with a $20 a month plan.

Honestly, i'd just get an XMP3 with a boombox and be done with it.

I believe the MiRGE is based on XM's Xpress and Xpress RC technology. (They look almost identical.) If you have an Xpress, you should be able to painlessly upgrade. If not, you'll most likely need a new dock.

Even that would make too much sense. It uses it's own Docks that accommodate the Wider Mirge.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Found the answer for you...

The MiRGE™ radio is a unique blend of both SIRIUS and XM technology. Because the connector on the MiRGE™ radio is the same as the connector on any of the Xpress Family of Radios, you can use your existing Xpress radio vehicle dock, power adapter, connection option and mount; however, you must replace your XM Vehicle Antenna with the SIRIUS XM Interoperable Vehicle Antenna that came with the MiRGE™. Failure to do so will prevent your radio from functioning properly. You will also want to use the SIRIUS XM Remote Control included with the MiRGE™

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
casual and sporty, this stunning polo shirt makes a great choice for spring and summer.our polo shirt is a springtime wardrobe essential. * 100% cotton * classic fit * 2 button placket * ribbed collar * signature croc applique accents chest * 100% brand new * 100% satisfaction men's short sleeve pink lacoste polo shirt men's lacoste polo shirts how to save money if you can buy shirts more than 5kg,the shipping fee is free. If you can buy more than 10 shirts. You'll get discount polo shirts.[how can i buy 10 shirts?

spam!