Mini Nes

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
awesome! i was just about to start a thread about this...way to beat me to it semi. pretty cool idea. kinda odd after all these years of nintendo pushing their virtual console that they out of nowhere drop this news but who cares, its cool. with 30 really solid games included i may have to pick this up.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-14-at-1.37.01-pm-460x259.png

Reactions: semipenguin

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I think you can get them for $5 each on the Nintendo store.

I have a Wii and a Wii U hooked up to a 65" screen. And no open HDMI inputs.

just the look of the hardware is probably worth the $60 to me. but the big question is will they use the same emulation tech with this that they use for NES games on the wii and wii u. on the 3ds they look fine with that small, low res screen, but on a home television the wii and wii u versions of nes games look very compressed. there are plenty of somewhat illegal, free emulators that look WAY better and i hope this mini NES uses something more like them.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
just the look of it is probably worth the $60 to me. but the big question is will they use the same emulation tech with this that they use for NES games on the wii and wii u. on the 3ds they look fine with that small, low res screen, but on a home television the wii and wii u versions of nes games look very compressed. there are plenty of somewhat illegal, free emulators that look WAY better and i hope this mini nes uses something more like them.
It does look cool. I can't imagine how one emulator could make them look better than any other. They are low resolution games. They should look like crap, like they always have.

Reactions: blyons200

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Relive Past Glories with Nintendo’s Ultimate Retro Gaming Experience

Here is are the list of games to be found in the Mini NES

• Balloon Fight™
  • BUBBLE BOBBLE
  • Castlevania™
  • Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
  • Donkey Kong™
  • Donkey Kong Jr. ™
  • DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
  • Dr. Mario™
  • Excitebike™
  • FINAL FANTASY®
  • Galaga™
  • GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
  • GRADIUS™
  • Ice Climber™
  • KidIcarus™
  • Kirby’s Adventure™
  • Mario Bros. ™
  • MEGA MAN® 2
  • Metroid™
  • NINJA GAIDEN
  • PAC-MAN™
  • Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
  • StarTropics™
  • SUPER C™
  • Super Mario Bros.™
  • Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
  • Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
  • TECMO BOWL
  • The Legend of Zelda™
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I already want one, plus I been getting back into my old retro video games. I found couple stores in Phoenix that sells nothing but old classic videos for the NES, SNES, N64, Atari and whatever console. I have some games listed above and quite a few I can't find. Now this should almost complete my NES collection.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I'm so busy playing big, open world modern games, why would I waste time going back to that. I already beat most of those games when I was a kid.

I'm playing Fallout 4 on PS4 right now.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
the japanese original nes, the family computer aka the famicom is also getting a mini and it looks awesome!

CtkCQeVWIAAKcCV.jpg:large

the real difference is btw/the snes and the super famicom. pretty much everyone agrees that the super famicom was a much better look. only the americas got the grey and purple.

latest

Nintendo-Super-Famicom-Set-FL.jpg

Reactions: semipenguin