Michael Waltrip in collision with motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Michael Waltrip was involved in a collision with a motorcycle Wednesday evening and was cited by Mooresville police, according to a police report.

Waltrip, who lives in eastern Lincoln County,

Waltrip, 46, who also owns a racing team and is a part-time TV commentator on racing shows, was driving a Lexus that collided with a Harley Davidson shortly before 8 p.m. on Perth Road, according to police. The report says Waltrip was trying to make a U-turn at the time.

The motorcyclist was treated at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center. Waltrip was cited for failure to yield but was not injured.

WCNC-TV, the Observer's news partner, is reporting that Waltrip underwent a field sobriety test after the wreck but passed the test. His alcohol blood level was below the .08 legal limit in North Carolina.

Michael Waltrip in collision with motorcycle | www.thatsracin.com

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
This maybe explains why he hasn't Tweeted in 16 hours... Glad to hear they are both ok.

I didn't see the condition of the motorcyclist, only Michael. I gotta wonder if the motorcyclist is about to become a silent partner @ MWR? :scratch:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I didn't see the condition of the motorcyclist

That's what I noticed in your post.

I could joke that he seems to hit everything on the track too.........but I won't.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Ya no one is saying anything about the motorcyclist... Man those things are so dangerous and so hard to see sometimes... Hopefully their ok.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
These days there's only certain areas and places where I will ride a motorcycle.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
My family lost a close friend he was like an Uncle to me 5 years ago, he was thrown from his bike going to work one morning and killed. He was driving down a dirt road and a truck pulled out from another street to just cross that dirt road and never saw him coming. He was only 41 and raced bikes for a living and was never once hurt doing that, the girl who it him was only 18 I believe at the time she was not hurt tho.

I can't say how many times we might have collided with one because we never saw them til the last second.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
My uncle was run over on his motorcycle when I was 4. He lived about a week but died from his injuries :worried:

I'll never drive a street bike. Too many assholes out on the road.

Even motorcyclists are assholes.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Even motorcyclists are assholes.

Especially the ones riding those "crotch rockets". I wish those were illegal. They are usually ridden recklessly by 20 yrd olds.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
We probably all have similar stories of a relative or at least someone that we know. I don't care how careful you are as a rider something can easily happen to you. I used to ride many years ago but gave it up because of that sort of thing. I felt like I acted in a responsible manner but barely avoided some close calls. I know that this will pi$$ off some but I'll never understand the people that ride without a helmet either. I have to wear a seat belt in Pennsylvania but I could jump on my bike without a helmet. /rantoff

I hope the guy is OK.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Especially the ones riding those "crotch rockets". I wish those were illegal. They are usually ridden recklessly by 20 yrd olds.

I was driving south on I-35 north of Austin. I was doing 70 (maybe less) and someone was getting on so I put my signal on to move over.

Some guy in a crotch rocket who was about 1/4mi behind me, in the middle lane, was going so fast that when I moved over to let the car (or whatever it was) he got pissed off at me and gave me the finger after I had passed the merging vehicle. Moron. Try slowing down.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I know that this will pi$$ off some but I'll never understand the people that ride without a helmet either. I have to wear a seat belt in Pennsylvania but I could jump on my bike without a helmet. /rantoff

That is just plain wrong, they obviously have no care for human life there... Unfreakin'believeable.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I guess his alcohol level was close to the limit but not over. Is that a problem for those people who gripe about cars being close but not over NASCAR specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.