Mexican Coca Cola

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
Who's ever had some? I ordered like 6 bottles last night off Amazon. I am nervous.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
We've got lots of Mexican Coke down here. They say its better because they use cane sugar instead of HFCS, but they don't carbonate it enough, so it doesn't taste like Coke used to taste. To get the real old school taste, look for the kosher for Passover Coke they make once a year. That stuff will take you back to 1984.

There's nothing to be nervous about. Millions of people drink Mexican Coke.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Who's ever had some? I ordered like 6 bottles last night off Amazon. I am nervous.

No need to be nervous. But what was the intrigue?

I hope you don't think it has cocaine in it... cause someone is gonna be disappointed!!

Is it made with coca leaf?? lol

And you'll have to pay shipping!! (unless you got the Super Saver discount!) :p

Oren

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
To get the real old school taste, look for the kosher for Passover Coke they make once a year.

Good stuff. If the bottle has a yellow cap with Hebrew written on the top, then it's kosher. You could probably find some online somewhere.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Good stuff. If the bottle has a yellow cap with Hebrew written on the top, then it's kosher. You could probably find some online somewhere.

The cap color varies by year. The real indicator is a "U" in a circle on the cap (I've never seen any Hebrew on them here). You should only buy them before Passover so they're fresh. Houston has a Jewish ghetto, and the Kroger there has palettes of them in the "Kosher for Passover" section.

Here's a picture of a cap:

IMG_2368.JPG

late1

Oct 13, 2008
Columbus Ohio
To get the real old school taste, look for the kosher for Passover Coke they make once a year.

I stock up every passover season, and keep it chilled.
This week I'm enjoying the last bottle...:p
No more until April:mad:

I never drink sodas with HFCS.. uck

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
When I spent time in Central America we had Coke Light instead of Diet Coke.

I love that fake sugar taste in any language.

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
No need to be nervous. But what was the intrigue?

I hope you don't think it has cocaine in it... cause someone is gonna be disappointed!!

Is it made with coca leaf?? lol

And you'll have to pay shipping!! (unless you got the Super Saver discount!) :p

Oren
Nah, I posted a thread on another forum saying that Coke in glass bottles was the best kind of Coke, and then everyone pretty much said that Mexican Coke was the best. That got me interested.

And yeah, the shipping is a bitch. Don't think I'm gonna do this every week, but it'll be a nice change of pace every so often from the Coke that's bottled here in Tampa.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
Brian, let us know what you think! The Mexican Coke I had that tasted like crap was at an "upscale" restauraunt at Rosarito Beach. I'm curious if the canned Coke is better....

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
well i got my coke today. it's currently chilling in the fridge. i'm excited.

Brian

Banned
Oct 12, 2008
So here's the thing. You can tell there is real cane sugar in this drink. Is it better than American Coke? Not really. Although I do like real sugar better, it's hardly worth spending this kind of coin a second time.