Merger Deals

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
With that approved looks like Disney/Fox merger should be approved as long Comcast keeps there asses out of it.

Sprint/T-Mobile could happen next year?

CVS Health is set to combine with Aetna

Cigna is merging with Express Scripts

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I'd rather Comcast buy them.

Hell No! Disney needs to own the rights back to Fox Marvel universe. Wouldn't you like to see X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU universe? It would be kinda awesome to see the movie X-Men vs The Avengers, it happened in the comics.

This deal can help out the future Disney streaming network, they can air some movies that Fox hasn't shown in years. Disney would own all the top movies in the world, Avatar, Titanic and make sure the future Avatar films are good?

Also if Comcast screws up the deal, Fox will have to pay a penalty to Disney. Because they already agreed on some things and Fox would lose some money.

Plus Comcast sucks, I don't have them. But I have heard plenty of terrible things about them.

Last edited:

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wouldn't you like to see X-Men and Fantastic Four in the MCU universe?

No. You know by now I'm a MCU fan...my insane marathon kinda proved that. Having watched all those movies I still think Logan is the best, non-Nolan super hero movie I've ever seen. No way a Logan movie made by Disny/Marvel would have had the same feel.

I think Comcast/Fox would mean more choice in style of movies/TV. You make a good point about the streaming but I'd rather (beskiing) a worse streaming option and better diversity in movies than the other way around.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
No. You know by now I'm a MCU fan...my insane marathon kinda proved that. Having watched all those movies I still think Logan is the best, non-Nolan super hero movie I've ever seen. No way a Logan movie made by Disny/Marvel would have had the same feel.

I think Fox/Comcast would mean more choice in style of movies/TV. You make a good point about the streaming but I'd rather (beskiing) a worse streaming option and better diversity in movies than the other way around.

I read some posts while back ago and heard on a podcast that Kevin Feige and Bob Iger are willing to explore the R rated universe especially for Deadpool and future X-Men movies. Even though Disney use to make R rated movies with Miramax.

Bob Iger Weighs in on Possibility of R-Rated Marvel Movies under Disney-Fox Deal

While it's true that Disney itself doesn't make R-rated movies, it does have a history of allowing companies it owns to do so, like Miramax. If 20th Century Fox is set up as its own arm, like Marvel Studios or Pixar, it's possible Disney allows them to forge ahead as-planned with more R-rated superhero movies

Fox/Comcast (NBC) probably would make some good style of movies/tv shows but that if only they are willing to pull the trigger. Seems like Paramount Studios is willing to make anything now to make some money. They are spending money on the Hasbro film universe. There some rumors, they might have Power Rangers, G.I. Joe and Transformers and My Little Pony all in one film.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I don't see how making giant corporations bigger can lead to more actual choice. These companies are all about the illusion of choice. Their funds are spent based on thorough market analysis. They look for parts of the market where they are weak, where there's an opportunity to attract more money, then figure out how to persuade people to buy their theoretical offering in that part of the market. Once they know how to do that they create the product that fits the marketing. It's all top down and driven by math. Real choice is inefficient. Inefficiencies are lost profits.

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Plus Comcast sucks, I don't have them. But I have heard plenty of terrible things about them.
I'd say at least half of the country has Comcast/Xfinity for TV and/or internet. Their customer service can be bad, just like every other big company. But their product is top-tier. Anyway, there aren't many alternatives, so you'll get what you get.
I don't see how making giant corporations bigger can lead to more actual choice.
It doesn't. Acquisitions are for profit and efficiency (which leads to profit). Any claim of better choice for consumers is disingenuous.
I'd rather have a bunch of different products that were created by people with a passion for something other than making more money.
Then you'd better find a different country to live in. Perhaps one of the new Californias.

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Well, Comcast is ready to f'up the deal. If it happens, Fox will have to pay a penalty to Disney because they already made some agreements. Hopefully, Fox is smart enough they sell the Marvel rights to Disney or reject Comcast offer.

Last edited:

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
Hey Fox, ignore Koop. Sell the Marvel rights back to Disney and I don't care what you do with the rest of your movies.

So the evil mouse empire can rule the world.

latest