Memebag Buy A Watch

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Looks great. I've no clue what kind of watch that is :)

There's a clue earlier in this thread. It's a Pebble watch.

It connects to my phone via Bluetooth. The phone can download apps into the watch. Apps on the phone can drive the watch display. Apps on the watch can do stuff on my phone. All of my phone calls, texts, emails, etc. show up on my watch. I installed an RSS app so I can see my news feeds on the watch.

And there's an SDK for it, so I can write my own watch apps.

So, to quote Wolf, "it an future iWatch".

Reactions: JHDK

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I seen them on the internet and they do look interesting, I use to wear watches all the time. But now I don't like the feel of then around my wrist and just stick to the time from my phone. But those kind of watches could be the future, accessing just about everything from your phone, all it needs is video chat, plus the price tag for that watch doesn't look bad.

Nice new watch meme!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
It desperately needs a microphone. Last night I was out riding and a friend texted me. The watch vibrates when I receive a text, so I knew right away. I could read the texts on the watch while riding, but to reply I had to pull out my phone and hit the microphone button to do voice to text. If one of the watch buttons did the voice to text via Bluetooth it would be a perfect experience. And I would be riding around town talking into my watch like some goddamned alien government dude.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
It desperately needs a microphone. Last night I was out riding and a friend texted me. The watch vibrates when I receive a text, so I knew right away. I could read the texts on the watch while riding, but to reply I had to pull out my phone and hit the microphone button to do voice to text. If one of the watch buttons did the voice to text via Bluetooth it would be a perfect experience. And I would be riding around town talking into my watch like some goddamned alien government dude.

So the only difference is that you would be talking to your watch.
Got it.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
Shouldn't the title be "memebag buy a watch"? :confused:

You're screwing up the natural order of things!!

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I'm waiting for the crotch watch. My hope is that when you scratch your nads, the watch tells you the time. People around you would say, "He just scratched his nads at 2:47 pm...2:48 pm...2:48 pm...2:51 pm..."