Memebag Buy A Watch

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I just bought a new watch. It's designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen.

It's super thin and sits flat on the wrist, but looks like its floating above the strap.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm back to wearing a watch thanks to my job, and having to use military time. For right now it's a $20 Casio from target. At some point I'll probably invest in an Apple Watch as an upgrade, but I might wait until the next generation comes out since it sounds like it'll have it's own Wifi and won't be dependent on a phone.

Edit: It just dawned on me that announcement is tomorrow, so it could be sooner than I think.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
How is it?
I gave up on Skagens. After Fossle bought them, their quality went into the shitter.
For a moment, I thought about getting a smart watch to go with my new phone, but didn't want to spend $400 just for shits and giggles.
That one doesn't look too bad.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The Skagen watches used to be well built and lasted a long time when the company was based in Denmark. When they sold to Fossil, they just didn't last that long. The mechanisms only lasted a couple of years, the cases fell apart and were cast so poorly that it was a pain in the ass to put the back back on when you would change the battery. (Which had to be done too often.)

So my thought was that if they were electronic, didn't have movements, and didn't need to have to be opened, they might be fine.

It looks nice, so I would consider getting one again if Bags gives it a good review. #influenced

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Wikipedia says they were never made in Denmark. Two Danes started the company, but had the watches made in Hong Kong.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The company was based in Denmark. They sold pretty decent watches at a pretty decent price.
I didn't say that the production happened in Denmark. If it had been, they would have been quite expensive.
When they sold to Fossil, they became complete shite.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Wikipedia says they were never made in Denmark. Two Danes started the company, but had the watches made in Hong Kong.
I was going to say that too. First of all, Denmark doesn't make watches. There's only a handful of places that make watches. Switzerland, Germany, Russia, and Asia. And Hectic's watch in the US.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
My Samsung GearFit 2 is quickly taking a shit. I'll have to read up on your impressions of new watches here.