Mazda5 factory radio

rcaramelo

Jun 30, 2009
I just bought a 07 Mazda5. It's radio is Sirius ready but the receiver is well over $300. Do I have any lower priced alternatives for the factory radio besides a PNP type of unit? It would be nice to use the factory setup. I have a Sportster 5 already.

thanks

RC

rcaramelo

Jun 30, 2009
It was $15900 actually ;) . I know $300 not much in the grand scheme of things especially since I did get a good deal on the car. Still I find the price of the Sirius tuner to be a bit out of line with what other setups go for. I'll bite the bullet eventually if I have to.

RC

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
My brother is in the same situation. Wants to get the factory Sirius for the Mazda but it's like $550 for the job.

Gawd dam.

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
$300 for factory installed SIRIUS isnt too bad, some cars hit the $1000+ I've heard from our customers. To answer your question I have not seen/heard of anything different for Mazda besides factory installed.

rcaramelo

Jun 30, 2009
It would be about $500 if they did it. I have a body shop so I can handle the install myself. It just seems crazy to charge those prices.

RC

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
It would be about $500 if they did it. I have a body shop so I can handle the install myself. It just seems crazy to charge those prices.

RC

I don't quite know what the markup is from the dealership, but I'm guessing it's huge. In the aftermarket its very small. That being said there won't be an aftermarket alternative that I'm aware of.

Try looking on ebay and craigslist. Also maybe hit up a mazda forum and see if anyone with the same model maybe is willing to part with theirs if it's not being used.

rcaramelo

Jun 30, 2009
Ebay has a couple of Mazda dealers selling them at the retail cost. I'm going to familiarize myself with some Mazda forums. I'm new to Mazda after being a Honda guy for a few years. I'm really liking the car. I may be a convert. Maybe a Mazda3 is in my future since the 5 is for my wife.

RC

tsave31

Dec 16, 2008
I bought a Dodge Nitro last summer.....and the factory installation of Sirius was included. I didn't have to pay $300 or whatever to have it installed. Saying this, though, I am sure the installation of the satellite radio was baked into the overall cost of the vehicle.

So look at it this way, if Mazda didn't ask if you wanted Sirius installed for $300, you'd just be paying $16,200 instead of $15,900. :p