Maybe its just me, but i'm starting to think....

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Maybe us Sirius subscribers need to write MLB and ask them to stop being greedy about not giving us MLB. A lot of us blame Sirius, but when it comes right down to it, its MLB's fault.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Or just get a Iphone and get the Atbat app which includes both home and away feeds so if your a team that plays the Yankees on the road you dont have to listen to John Streling. Sorry for overblowing that but thats the only way besides listening to it on our phone or with GDA we will get games this season.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Good point risky , and besides that you whatever your team is you get to listen to their announcers for all 162 games on mlb.com's mobile site which is nice.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Some Games On MLB Home Plate

If I am reading this correctly, select games will be on MLB Home Plate this season. Better than nothing for the Best Of XM subscribers.
(Read bold print below if you don't want to read the entire article)

(Credit to Ryan at XMFAN)

XM Radio Offers Listeners Every Game of the 2009 Major League Baseball Season Starting April 5

--2009 season premieres with the World Series Champion

NEW YORK, April 3, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- 2009 season premieres with the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies hosting the Atlanta Braves on Opening Night

MLB Home Plate channel's Scott Graham and Buck Martinez to host pre-game special live on Opening Night from Citizens Bank Park

SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) announced today that XM Radio will air every game of the 2009 MLB season live nationwide starting with Opening Night, April 5, when the World Series Champion Philadelphia Phillies will host the Atlanta Braves at 8:00 pm ET at Citizens Bank Park. Listeners from coast to coast will hear the Phillies radio broadcast for the game, featuring legendary broadcaster Harry Kalas, Scott Franzke and Larry Andersen, on XM channel 175. (MLB HOMEPLATE)
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070313/XMLOGO)

MLB Home Plate, SIRIUS XM's 24-hour baseball talk channel, will broadcast live on Opening Night from Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia prior to the Phillies-Braves game. Scott Graham and former Major League catcher and manager Buck Martinez will host a pre-game special from 5:00-8:00 pm, interviewing players and talking to fans around the country as a lead-in to that night's game and the start of the 2009 season.

The following day, April 6, XM will carry all 13 games from MLB's traditional Opening Day. Through the regular season and post-season, XM will air every game from all 30 Major League teams on XM channels 175 (MLB HOME PLATE) to 189. A schedule of upcoming MLB games on XM can be found at www.xmradio.com/mlb. Listeners can also get Spanish-language broadcasts of games on MLB En Espanol, XM channel 174.

On Monday, April 6, MLB Home Plate host and former Texas Rangers and Boston Red Sox manager Kevin Kennedy will report live from Fenway Park in Boston before the Red Sox play the Tampa Bay Rays and from 1:00-4:00 pm ET, Seth Everett and former Mets GM Jim Duquette will host a special edition of their daily MLB Home Plate show, Power Alley, live from Camden Yards in Baltimore before the Orioles face the New York Yankees.

"Once again XM listeners will have access to every Major League Baseball game with no blackouts or exclusions," said Scott Greenstein, SIRIUS XM's President and Chief Content Officer. "So no matter where they live, fans won't miss a game involving their favorite team. Plus, they'll be treated to game calls from some of the game's legendary voices like Vin Scully, Harry Kalas, Bob Uecker and others."

In addition to live play-by-play coverage, SIRIUS XM offers baseball fans 24 hour coverage of the game on MLB Home Plate, the only radio channel dedicated to covering Major League Baseball seven days a week, 365 days a year. Now available to both XM and SIRIUS subscribers (XM channel 175, SIRIUS channel 210 with the "Best of XM" programming package), MLB Home Plate offers the most comprehensive radio coverage of the Major Leagues with a daily lineup of talk shows hosted by baseball experts and insiders like Cal Ripken Jr., Bill Ripken, Rob Dibble, Jim Duquette, Kevin Kennedy, Buck Martinez and others.

"MLB Home Plate offers both XM and SIRIUS listeners a true insider's look at the game," said Greenstein. "Our hosts provide the kind of perspective that can only be learned as a big league player, manager or front office executive. Listeners can hear compelling interviews with players and managers every day and fans can call in to talk about the topics that are on their minds."

MLB Home Plate Daily Schedule: (All times ET)

Weekdays

-- 7 - 10 am: Baseball This Morning with Scott Graham and Buck Martinez
-- 10 am - 1 pm: Power Alley with Seth Everett, Jim Duquette and Billy
Ripken
-- 1 - 4 pm: Inside Pitch with Jeff Joyce and Kevin Kennedy
-- 3 - 6 pm: The Show with Jody McDonald and Rob Dibble
-- 6 - 7 pm: XM PreGame (Fantasy 411 6pm - 8pm Fridays with Mike Siano and
Cory Schwartz)
-- 7 - 10 pm: Game (8p-11p Fridays after Fantasy 411)

-- 10 pm - 2am: MLB Live with Joe Castellano

Saturdays

-- 8 - 10 am: Minors and Majors with Grant Paulsen
-- 10 am - 1 pm: Talking Baseball with Ed Randall
-- 1 pm - 4 pm: Game
-- 4 pm - 7 pm: MLB Live Weekend with Casey Stern
-- 7 pm - 10 pm: Game

-- 10 pm - 2 am: MLB Live Weekend with Lee Hamilton

Sundays

-- 8 - 10 am: Minors and Majors with Grant Paulsen
-- 10 am - 1 pm: MLB Live Weekend with Holden Kushner
-- 1 pm - 4 pm: Game
-- 4 pm - 8 pm: MLB Live Weekend with Lee Hamilton
-- 8 pm - 11 pm: Game

-- 11 pm - 2 am: MLB Live Weekend with Joe Castellano

**This schedule is subject to change based on game schedule.

For more information please visit www.xmradio.com/mlb.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i thought i heard earlier in the year they were going to play select games on mlb homeplate. just watch, they'll find a way to block them on the best of xm.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
goreds2, ryan from orbitcast.com actually got contacted by SiriusXM earlier today about this misinformation.

sirius subscribers who get mlb homeplate with the best of xm will not be getting those games that air on mlb homeplate. sirius subscribers will actually get a replay of talk content.

i somehow knew it wasn't going to work. when you think about it, what's the difference between airing games on mlb homeplate with the best of xm versus sirius playing mlb games on the playbyplay channels with the best of xm......none

mlb probably caught wind of this and put the cabosh to it.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
If they are under contract and depending on what the status of the contract is, you may not see it for a few years. And they can't just add it to a service that they aren't contracted to serve without due compensation, they do have to make money, no matter how EEEEEVIL they may seem for doing so, they are running a business.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
i believe the contract is thru 2011. and even though they are running a business, one would think they would generate more money if they added mlb to sirius.

some of the contracts after the merger has been amended or been granted because of the terms of condition set forth by the fcc.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I believe XM and MLB signed an 11 year contract that was announced in Oct 2004. That will take us to 2015, not 2011...:worried:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Or just get a Iphone and get the Atbat app which includes both home and away feeds so if your a team that plays the Yankees on the road you dont have to listen to John Streling. Sorry for overblowing that but thats the only way besides listening to it on our phone or with GDA we will get games this season.

Awful lot of money to be spending on MLB. Iphone + AT&T contract + $10 to MLB.

I believe XM and MLB signed an 11 year contract that was announced in Oct 2004. That will take us to 2015, not 2011...:worried:

The contract expires in 2012 I believe. MLB has 3 option years which would kick in at a pre-negotiated price. This is a unilateral option. Sirius XM would be required to pay agreed amounts for each of these years if MLB excercieses the option. Given that Sirius XM will not likely pay the same money, it seems a no brainer that MLB will excersise each of these options.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Awful lot of money to be spending on MLB. Iphone + AT&T contract + $10 to MLB.

True or you can get it on your phone depending if it is compatible with it

The contract expires in 2012 I believe. MLB has 3 option years which would kick in at a pre-negotiated price. This is a unilateral option. Sirius XM would be required to pay agreed amounts for each of these years if MLB excercieses the option. Given that Sirius XM will not likely pay the same money, it seems a no brainer that MLB will excersise each of these options.

And I wonder if MLB were to go on strike or a lockout due to no CBA if it were to occur down the road would Sirius XM pay them the money needed to survive it ? I am hoping it doesnt occur but CBA's in sports are going to be a big issue with this economic crises.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN

I've never seen the actual agreement, but this is the official press release...:)

News Releases

It's an 11 year deal that started in 2005. That would take them through the 2015 season...:right: