May be dropping Facebook soon

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I find Facebook to be tedious and uninteresting. And the seemingly ever-changing privacy rules are getting old quick.

My only real concern is what will happen to the fantasy league I'm commissioner for in yahoo since I use Facebook to log in there. Anyone have experience with Facebook logins are quitting your account?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The thought has crossed my mind too.
I only log on once every 4 to 6 weeks, and I rarely post. I usually just skim through posts rather quickly to see if anything good is going on. . . . .There usually isn't.....

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I would probably do the same and drop Facebook since I hardly post there, but I only stay on because of certain family and friends. He'll I hardly post on twitter also, but when I do tweet it how I feel about things most of the time or what on my mind.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
I've thought about it too, just because I spend too much time on it for the amount of crap that people put on (some Dave guy keeps yammering about how he plays kid songs on his "gee-tar") or or is put on on people's "behalf". It is nice to be able to post pics of the the kid in one place so friends and family can see.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I've thought about it too, just because I spend too much time on it for the amount of crap that people put on (some Dave guy keeps yammering about how he plays kid songs on his "gee-tar") or or is put on on people's "behalf". It is nice to be able to post pics of the the kid in one place so friends and family can see.

I thought of that too, but you can pretty much accomplish the same thing with an email list.

During the election it was the worst, with everyone posting their favorite political comments whether you cared or not. Plus it's not really 'social' media when all anyone posts is political talk, internet memes or some cornball life-affirming saying.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Speaking of gee-tars, I haven't heard much about Jon's playing lately. And Hectic may as well stopped pretending he ever shredded. I bet he barely even thrashed once.

I use Facebook primarily to promote my company. I don't see much need to post that I just got back from the grocery store.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Speaking of gee-tars, I haven't heard much about Jon's playing lately. And Hectic may as well stopped pretending he ever shredded. I bet he barely even thrashed once.

I use Facebook primarily to promote my company. I don't see much need to post that I just got back from the grocery store.

My practice schedule is down slightly. A few times a week or so. Have to pick that up again once everything slows down. Still working on songs and some chord changes when I do have time.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Hang on to your panties Mr. Yesterday was my last day of work. I'm unemployed again.

Till Monday when I start my new full time gig. It's supposed to be a much more normal schedule with 40 to 45 hours being the norm, and rarely evenings and weekends. So I should be able to pick up the old ax again. Since I never post my trivialities on FB with everyone's updates about going to the store, taking the kids to soccer, or game flarf.

greenearth

Oct 14, 2008
Ohio
Personally I have never used Facebook. I seem to be the only one. No twitter no Facebook. Your have to talk to me or see me to get an outdate.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
Sometimes the Facebook privacy bugs me and sometimes I think it's blown out of proportion. HOWEVER Zuckerberg made a statement about Moore's Law and sharing and how he thought Moore's Law applies to sharing as well. It really really bugged me.

Moore's Law is that computing power doubles about every 18 months. He is saying the amount of info we share will double every 18 months.

It's like he's stoked that people could end up sharing more and more and more info in the future. It makes me want to bail. It makes me think Mark wants people to share more and more details and info about their lives that could be used against them. That he almost gets off in the amount of personal info his company has. Creeped me out.

Mark Zuckerberg Might Be Right About Moore's Law Of Sharing | Co.Design: business + innovation + design

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Sometimes the Facebook privacy bugs me and sometimes I think it's blown out of proportion. HOWEVER Zuckerberg made a statement about Moore's Law and sharing and how he thought Moore's Law applies to sharing as well. It really really bugged me.

Moore's Law is that computing power doubles about every 18 months. He is saying the amount of info we share will double every 18 months.

It's like he's stoked that people could end up sharing more and more and more info in the future. It makes me want to bail. It makes me think Mark wants people to share more and more details and info about their lives that could be used against them. That he almost gets off in the amount of personal info his company has. Creeped me out.

Mark Zuckerberg Might Be Right About Moore's Law Of Sharing | Co.Design: business + innovation + design

That might just clinch it right there.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I came back :)

Facebook is a poor excuse for keeping in touch with people you don't want to call up or have a face to face with :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk :)

It's a perfect excuse for that.

That's probably the only reason that I haven't dropped it yet.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
I use Facebook all the time, I post pictures of my kids (which I am sure gets old for my kids) but we have so many overseas relatives and they always ask for more pictures.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Well, I did it last night. Deactivated. Now I'll just have to see how I can get back into the baseball league since it's still tied to my facebook login.

I still use Twitter, which is the favorite....by a lot!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
And now I have to reactivate it again to keep my fantasy baseball account from going away. :mad: Oh well, maybe I'll learn to like it before I have to do it again.