May be dropping Facebook soon

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I am devising a craigslist media plot. I will flood the service by offering things like 1983 porsche 911's for let's say 10,000 bucks, or a current Imac for let's say 400 bucks, or let's say a lifetime satellite sub for 20 bucks. When you click on it you will receive a message explaining why I need quick cash for chemo treatment that I won't have in 2021 when trump cancels the ACA. I'm sure it will be flagged, but I just make a new one.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
QAnon, according to Wikipedia, "is a far-right conspiracy theory alleging that a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophiles running a global child sex-trafficking ring is plotting against President Donald Trump, who is battling against the cabal, and that Trump is planning a day of reckoning known as 'The Storm' in which thousands of members of the cabal will be arrested. No part of the theory is based on fact." There ya go!

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Just destroy all of social media companies. You wanna disperse your wacky theories, thoughts, and opinions then set up a site and pay for the .com yourself. You can't get pissed when a site that is free has had enough of you.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Just destroy all of social media companies. You wanna disperse your wacky theories, thoughts, and opinions then set up a site and pay for the .com yourself. You can't get pissed when a site that is free has had enough of you.
That's what blogs USED to be for.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That NY AG sure does like getting her picture in the news.

Also, screw Facebook...make them sell.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
This is more like a chat room in the historical sense. I don't post all my trip pictures on here for the whole world to see. Nobody in the world except for you peoples know I'm on here. That's the difference.

Reactions: goreds2

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
That leads to a good discussion topic. What Socials do you guys use?

For me:
DRC
Twitter
Imgur (to post pics here)

I've never used Facebook. I'm pretty sure I started a fake account years ago but never use it. I also have an instagram account and I do use it but I've never uploaded. I probably check Instagram once a month or so.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
This is more like a chat room in the historical sense. I don't post all my trip pictures on here for the whole world to see. Nobody in the world except for you peoples know I'm on here. That's the difference.
A chat room is social media.

About the same number of people know I'm on Facebook, as the number who know I'm here.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
And we're glad that you're here.
That leads to a good discussion topic. What Socials do you guys use?

For me:
DRC
Twitter
Imgur (to post pics here)

I've never used Facebook. I'm pretty sure I started a fake account years ago but never use it. I also have an instagram account and I do use it but I've never uploaded. I probably check Instagram once a month or so.
DRC
A couple of Guitar geek forums
Facebooks - I rarely post or interact with people there. I skim it daily, but it's mostly to see what people are up to so that I don't have to actually talk to them.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
And we're glad that you're here.

DRC
A couple of Guitar geek forums
Facebooks - I rarely post or interact with people there. I skim it daily, but it's mostly to see what people are up to so that I don't have to actually talk to them.
I'm also happy that you people are here. This is more interactive.

I skim Facebook a few times a day. It's a total of about 15 minutes. I post something maybe once a month. I've gotten it down to just non-offensive friends, so it's not stressful. I have a few community groups through Facebook: my town and the band.

I was active on a BMW forum and AV forum years ago, now not so much. I'm not on Twitter or Instagram, I don't do tiktok or snapchat.

Obviously, I spend most of my social media time here.

• Love
Reactions: HecticArt

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I have deleted/blocked all my social media accounts.

Was on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and a few others. All gone! Priorities, just have better things to do. The only one I'm still on is Linkedin, and even that's limited.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I had a Myspace waaaaay back in the day. I had probably posted 2 or 3 times then forgot about it till I found out it had been hacked a few years later.

It took a little while to figure out how to get it deactivated.

It made me realize that old, unused accounts should be deactivated rather than left open.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Oh I forgot about the watchuseek forum. I've never posted there but I read it a lot.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
Oh I forgot about the watchuseek forum. I've never posted there but I read it a lot.
I forgot about it too. I have an account, but it's been probably 10 years since I've posted anything.

I have a Photobucket account, and a YouTube sign-in. I had an account on a cell phone forum a long time ago. It had a Studio Lounge kind of thing, including a politics thread. So does the BMW forum (Bimmerpost), but I stay away from that now.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I was recently reminded that I'm somewhat heavily invested in Facebook and they are a real money maker cause Hendrik bought it right around the ipo so disregard my previous statements. The government should stay out of their way and I'm all for them banning whoever they want so long as it boosts their bottom line.