Master tape theatre special

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
So, anyone else hear the ad for MTT tomorrow? Sounds like Howard and the gang wont be live tomorrow. A double dose of MTT, with Hank moments and the 'howard stern is off the air' prank.

Sounds like two good episodes of MTT, but a tiny bummer they wont be live, but that was expected. I'll be tuning in.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
MLK, wasn't expecting them to be on the air live. I heard the ad, sounds like some good stuff. I was just listening to some MTT today, some racist callers...

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I'd like to see a whole "Best of Hank" special like they did with some of the others like Billy West, even if it was just a few hours long. Be good to hear the whole Hank saga from beginning to (sad) end.

jcuse316

Jan 12, 2009
Is anyone getting "Cross and Lopez on Howard 100 right now? Their playing Britney Spears. WTF

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Is anyone getting "Cross and Lopez on Howard 100 right now? Their playing Britney Spears. WTF

The date is April 1 2004. I'm assuming it was an april fools joke from that day. They are saying Stern was taken off infinity radio.
However after listening for 20 mins waiting for the joke to end it still hasn't ended. Does anyon remember when is originally aired? did it last the whole show?
They better not play the whole thing as a MTT:mad:

k9feces

Oct 20, 2008

That was their hilarious pranks trying to show the listeners what it would be like if the FCC forced them off the air. But in my area music was just played :rofl2:

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I was confused at first, but then I went to marksfriggin and looked up the show rundown. That Cross & Lopez "show" was douche-chill worthy.

wwfmike

Oct 13, 2008
Santa Rosa, NM
But in my area music was just played :rofl2:

There were a bunch of stations that freaked out. Some played music, some put on random talk shows, one station made bumpers right away that said (city name) welcomes cross and lopez, another station even ran bumpers ruining the joke by saying "Howard's been replaced heh heh today is april first".

What made the prank so effective was that Howard was removed from all Clear Channel stations just a week before.

Last edited:

JDP

Oct 15, 2008
It was a great prank at the time and it was a good idea to replay the show on MTT.

However, since everyone with a brain can figure out that it was a prank, they should have edited out the crappy music on the replay.