Martin wins Again !!!

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
That was a great ending... And let's not forget Tony and Ryan are somewhat part of Hendrick. I say 6 out of 7 Hendrick cars in the top 7... Wow Jr spun and was 3 laps down.

1 Mark Martin
2 Jimmie Johnson
3 Tony Stewart
4 Ryan Newman
5 Jeff Gordon
6 Martin Truex Jr.
7 Brad Keselowski
8 Greg Biffle
9 Joey Logano
10 Matt Kenseth

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Oh ya I am so Happy for Brad, he did fantastic forsure... He'd come out of the pits most time 15th or 16th and get back up to the top 10 in no time...

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
What a GREAT race! This and Richmond.....SO much better than 'dega, IMO.

Joey Logano had a fantastic night. I really didn't expect that from him at this track.

SO! Three Hendrick cars in the top 5 of the race and three Hendrick cars in the top 12 in points. Plus Stewart and Newman. Uh......who's missing? :rolleyes: It sure doesn't look good and I kinda feel bad for the guy.

BUT! Way to go Martin! Didn't run out of gas (him OR the car...:p ) An old timer wins at an old track when they bring back the 500. What a story.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
So yesterday morning we get our DirectTV hooked up and then last night we flip over and we've got the Hotpass channels for Jimmie, Carl, Jr., and Martin.

We go with Martin and watched that and really enjoyed it. Very interesting and entertaining.

I did think it was funny when towards the end of the race, Martin was in the lead and Jr. spins out then gets a tire rub causing lots of smoke. Martin radios in to his crew...."Tell that fool to get off the track!" :eek:

I tell my stepson..."He's talking about his teammate!" Yeah, Martin still has the fire in the belly. ;)

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Did anybody else think there were several times a caution should have been thrown but wasn't? Or they threw a caution when it didn't seem like a big deal?

Things seemed a little off at times last night.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Did anybody else think there were several times a caution should have been thrown but wasn't? Or they threw a caution when it didn't seem like a big deal?

Things seemed a little off at times last night.

Well I first found it funny when Sam Hornish Jr. spun on Lap 290 and no caution and then Biffle on Lap 295 pretty much the same spin and caution came out. Only real difference was Sam got going right away where it took Biffle a few seconds longer..

The race was to be over by 11pm but didn't end til midnight.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I believe the Hornish spin/no caution was Nascar trying to get the race going and finish it in a reasonable timeframe. Some guys clobbered the wall and they didnt throw the yellow too.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
So yesterday morning we get our DirectTV hooked up and then last night we flip over and we've got the Hotpass channels for Jimmie, Carl, Jr., and Martin.

We go with Martin and watched that and really enjoyed it. Very interesting and entertaining.

I did think it was funny when towards the end of the race, Martin was in the lead and Jr. spins out then gets a tire rub causing lots of smoke. Martin radios in to his crew...."Tell that fool to get off the track!" :eek:

I tell my stepson..."He's talking about his teammate!" Yeah, Martin still has the fire in the belly. ;)

mark was only callin it like he see's it. he was also very disappointed at joey and kept telling his spotter to go over to joey's spotter and tell him that he made a really stupid move and that he was very disappointed in him.

i can't remember what year it was, but at a richmond race the team who had the pit stall ahead of mark kept short pitting and the crew members were getting in marks way when he tried leaving his stall. he radio over to fenning and told him to go over there and tell those guys to pit correctly before i run one of those guys over.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
When you were listening to Mark's channel did you guys catch Mark drop a big ole "This is f***ing bulls***" when Alan encouraged him to go get that 20 car.

Last edited: