Marks Friggin reporting that Artie has quit the show

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
PhillyBurbs.com: Has Artie Lange quit The Howard Stern Show?

There's an unconfirmed rumor floating around that Artie Lange is no longer on the Stern Show.

Mark Mercer of marksfriggin.com posted this update on his Facebook page around 10:00 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31:

Not officially confirmed yet but.... from Jennifer Frimel-Mangano: "Howard News Flash!!!! my husband just heard Jim Breuer on a local Cleveland radio station talking about Artie. Jim said Artie has quit the Stern Show!!!"

There has been speculation about Lange's fate on the show when he was absent the week leading up to holiday break.

Stern was evasive and indirect regarding Lange's absence, but it was clear something out of the ordinary was behind Lange's vacancy.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I was trying to find said Cleveland station but there's nothing on Jim's site or Twitter that indicates a radio interview anywhere. Doesn't mean it didn't happen though but as always I want to reserve judgment until I hear it.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Someone I trust from another board who knows some of the Stern staff said he's gone. I know that doesn't mean shit either and is hardly a confirmation, but hey, since we're speculating anyway why not? :D

thekingofnicotine

Aug 14, 2009
Wgas wgaf

Yeah, why would anyone care about this on a Stern fan board.

Someone I trust from another board who knows some of the Stern staff said he's gone. I know that doesn't mean shit either and is hardly a confirmation, but hey, since we're speculating anyway why not? :D

If this is true, I wonder why he left. Probably realized he couldn't stay clean. This could all be bullshit to get people to listen on Jan 4.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
The Next Vacation Special:

Win Artie's Chair!

Sponsored by TSS Radio.com

/jus'sayin....

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
You're right. Howard and Artie may not have even spoken face to face about this yet. Artie probably left a voice mail. :rolleyes:

Hey, this is Art.. *cough* ... I'm not gonna come in *cough* *hack*... In fact, *cough* i'm gonna *cough* ... resign.

www.twitter.com/tsstaylor
@RichGinter The jury is out. Rumor says Jim Breuer said on a Cleveland radio station that Artie quit.

twitter.com/savebabygorilla has the other side of the story with these two seperate tweets:
Again, these are all just rumors everyone! #artie #quit #rehab

Of course, if Artie did quit. HSS will suck for remainder of contract #downnote

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
Hey, this is Art.. *cough* ... I'm not gonna come in *cough* *hack*... In fact, *cough* i'm gonna *cough* ... resign.

www.twitter.com/tsstaylor
@RichGinter The jury is out. Rumor says Jim Breuer said on a Cleveland radio station that Artie quit.

twitter.com/savebabygorilla has the other side of the story with these two seperate tweets:
Again, these are all just rumors everyone! #artie #quit #rehab

Of course, if Artie did quit. HSS will suck for remainder of contract #downnote
I'm getting more skeptical. We can't even get a station or show name?

Mark really opened a can of worms here. :hhh:

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
I hope it's true so we can FINALLY move on a get a dedicated cast member in the chair. I loved Artie before he fell apart but it got to the point where HE was a distraction and detracted from the show. For me anyway.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
God damn it. Apparently people may be getting worked up about a friggin' best of show that replayed Breuer talking about the Artie/Teddy fight.

This is the problem with taking shit said on Facebook as reliable info. :rolleyes:

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
It was discussion over the Artie/Teddy fight.

Not to say he shouldn't be fired. He needs to lose his job before he gets well again.