Mark Zitos College Radio on Stars Too

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I tuned into Mark Zitos college radio because he is one of the producers on Covino and Rich. They gave him a chance to do a show last Saturday night which I didn't hear. I've listened into about 45 mins of the show tonight and really enjoy it.

It is Saturdays at 12am EDT on SIRIUS 108 or XM 139

:bigthumbup:

YourDream84

Dec 18, 2008
Oklahoma
I listened to the first show, but my schedule hasn't permitted me to listen the last two weeks. (Which I've been bummed about).

But OTR truckers kinda require sleep sometimes... Unfortunately...

Hope to catch the show this coming Saturday.

Btw, did you catch the first show? The virginity story had me literally laughing out loud.

~*Ash*~

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I listened to the first show, but my schedule hasn't permitted me to listen the last two weeks. (Which I've been bummed about).

But OTR truckers kinda require sleep sometimes... Unfortunately...

Hope to catch the show this coming Saturday.

Btw, did you catch the first show? The virginity story had me literally laughing out loud.

~*Ash*~

I missed the first show. Heard the 2nd and 3rd. So glad someone else on here listened. I'm highly sold on this show and want to help promote it and bring more attention to it. It's very refreshing.

YourDream84

Dec 18, 2008
Oklahoma
*Semi Off Topic, forgive me*

Someone called into Me & Vinnie sometime a few weeks ago, and commented that they wish there was more original programming on the weekend, stating (not exact quote here)"Let the interns give it a shot, something, I'd rather listen to ANYTHING new, than the same old tired stuff."

I immediately thought of this show, and agreed. Most of the interns are competent enough to put together a show, even if it's a sucky show, at least it's SOMETHING to listen to, instead of repeats. Especially for us truckers out here. TalkRadio is my company...

~*Ash*~

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com

Someone called into Me & Vinnie sometime a few weeks ago, and commented that they wish there was more original programming on the weekend, stating (not exact quote here)"Let the interns give it a shot, something, I'd rather listen to ANYTHING new, than the same old tired stuff."

I immediately thought of this show, and agreed. Most of the interns are competent enough to put together a show, even if it's a sucky show, at least it's SOMETHING to listen to, instead of repeats. Especially for us truckers out here. TalkRadio is my company...

~*Ash*~
More live weekend programming is always a good thing.

I think 108 has the potential to be way more popular, but they need to promote it better, and please, get a new name for the channel and give it some identity besides "shows that won't fit on other channels."

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I listened to the first hour. Not my thing. Oh well :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com

~*Ash*~

I agree with you. A lot of talent. One thing that might be tough is for management to trust the style and flow of new shows. On the Howard Stern channels when they do the special shows it's the format that turns me off in general. The need for a certain amount of calls to be taken. Not every show needs calls all the time, sometimes it's better to hear an uninterupted rant, but SIRIUS XM needs calls to prove that the show is getting a response.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I agree with you. A lot of talent. One thing that might be tough is for management to trust the style and flow of new shows. On the Howard Stern channels when they do the special shows it's the format that turns me off in general. The need for a certain amount of calls to be taken. Not every show needs calls all the time, sometimes it's better to hear an uninterupted rant, but SIRIUS XM needs calls to prove that the show is getting a response.
You hit the nail on the head. When Bubba first came aboard he'd often go over an hour or more without taking calls, not to mention them not being screened. Stream of consciousness radio can often be the best.

I can't remember you ever saying if you checked out Ron and Fez or not. But I do I do dig that they'll go into conversations about something for a long time, and make the calls part of the conversation instead of using it to shift gears and bring things to a screeching halt.