Mark McGwire admits to steroid use.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
Saw a list on ESPN stating that eight of the ten top HR hitters in the 1990s have been linked to steroids. Only Albert Belle (I don't see how he hasn't been linked, yet - famous repeated 'roid rage-type incidents with big size) and Jr. Griffey are not linked.

They need to start design on the 'roid room at the HOF to house guys from this era.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Saw a list on ESPN stating that eight of the ten top HR hitters in the 1990s have been linked to steroids. Only Albert Belle (I don't see how he hasn't been linked, yet - famous repeated 'roid rage-type incidents with big size) and Jr. Griffey are not linked.

They need to start design on the 'roid room at the HOF to house guys from this era.

If Griffey didn't use I'l be shocked just because of all his injuries. Injuries is the #1 reason for steroid use because they rebuild.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Why is he admitting this now... Is he promoting a book or something?
Whatever the reason, I'm glad he's now admitted what we already knew.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Why is he admitting this now... Is he promoting a book or something?

He's the new hitting coach for the Cardinals. So rather than having to deal with the issue from the media during spring training and the season, I guess he's nipping it in the bud now.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I imagine he's sick of hiding. The last few years after his congressional 'testimony' he went into seclusion. Now that he's hitting coach for the Cardinals, that'd be hard.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Stupid McGwire. I get of work and set down relax and watch some ESPN to get some analysis of the playoff games and some football news and it's everything Mark McGwire. Couldn't he of at least waited til baseball season to announce this obvious fact. As if we were stupid and didn't know he was jacked up on roids.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
What a douche this McGwire is.

He's all over TV saying he never took steriods for strength training or competitive purposes. It was only for rehab. He was on with Costas practically crying acting like he and his were victims.

What a cop out. What a loser.

Last edited:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
What a douche this McGwire is.

He's all over TV saying he never took steriods for strength training or competitive purposes. It was only for rehab. He was on with Costs practically crying acting like he and his were victims.

What a cop out. What a loser.

agreed.

who's advising this guy? if you're gonna come out and admit using PED's then don't tell me about how is was just to recover from injury and that you think you could have hit 70 homers without 'em

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
This is a non-story. It's a duh moment. Why Sportscenter/ESPN is spending so much time on this is perplexing to me. PTI choosing to feature this in front of the Cards win yesterday? Which will we remember at the end of the year? That game.

They just need to release the whole list of users, and be over and done with it. No more giving chances for athletes to sell themselves and their books by being a douche, ala' Andre Agassi.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
Do you guys really think that they(commissioner, people in the know) did't already know this back in 98? It seems to me like they didn't care when it was saving baseball and getting people to watch again. I'm no fan of McGwire(I'm an Indians and Reds fan) but who cares if he did them? I'm sure a lot of picthers were on them too so I say all is fare. Baseball didn't give a shit about steroids till the government came down on them.

It just seems like people probably knew and they didn't care till congress stepped in. Now everyone is all up in arms about it. Let him in the hall of fame beacause all he did with the help of Sammy is save baseball. You guys might not like it, but thats a fact. Hell they have drunks and druggies and wife beaters in the the hall why not McGwire.

Oh yea....... PETE ROSE BETTER MAKE IT IN SOMEDAY!!!!!!!!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Selig should offer amnesty to any player who comes out and admits steroid use. Wouldn't it be something for the likes of Bonds and Clemens to be in deny mode all this time, and then after the amnesty offer, say 'Yeah, I did it.'

I don't fault McGwire for coming out and saying it. I think it had to be said eventually.