Marianne's Oreo Balls Recipe

Bagman

Oct 15, 2008
The ATL
Aight folks... This is a "must make" (especially for the holidays). This is definitely a Bagman favorite.

Take 1 package of Golden Oreos, chop them to a fine powder.
Add 1 pkg of cream cheese and mix them together
Roll into balls
Melt 1 package of chocolate almond bark
Put the balls into the chocolate then place on wax paper

Note: You can substitute Golden Ores for Chocolate Oreos and chocolate almond bark for white almond bark if you choose.

There you have it.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I looked up that recipe last night, but I'm just to lazy to make them. With that said, Bagman, will you send some if you haven't ate them all?

westyman71

Nov 5, 2008
Thanks Bagman.

I sent a check off this morning to help William get his seat.

I feel like that wasnt a donation....I was paying for the right to make Marianne's Oreo Balls, so I guess it was a royalty.

Take care all,
Chuck In Kentucky

tara24

Oct 31, 2008
Duluth Ga
I just had a wonderful idea Bagman. Talk Marianne into selling the Oreo Balls especially for Christmas. Because there is no way I will be able to get the chocolate to stay on there......Because you won't share even though you are in Atlanta

bigdog6740

Nov 6, 2008
I have made these and they are great thanks marianne. I will be getting a check out for Williams seat.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Where do you get chocolate almond bark?

And what is it?

At walmart and probably most grocery stores I believe it is located in the aisle where you would get chocolate chips, pecans, shreaded coconut and other stuff to bake with. The same aisle would probably stock cake mixes, sugar, and flour.

According to wikipedia:

Almond Bark (also known as vanilla flavored candy coating) is an artificial chocolate made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added. It can be found in 1.5 pound packages, in blocks, or in round discs where candy supplies are sold.

The term is also applied to a type of candy consisting of sheets or chunks of semisweet or milk chocolate to which almonds or almond pieces, and/or cherry almond flavoring have been added

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
Aight folks... This is a "must make" (especially for the holidays). This is definitely a Bagman favorite.

Take 1 package of Golden Oreos, chop them to a fine powder.
Add 1 pkg of cream cheese and mix them together
Roll into balls
Melt 1 package of chocolate almond bark
Put the balls into the chocolate then place on wax paper

Note: You can substitute Golden Ores for Chocolate Oreos and chocolate almond bark for white almond bark if you choose.

There you have it.

Bagman: stupid question what is bark regarding chocolate? Can you freeze them as well? I need to make something for a party and this is really unusual so it should be a hit!!!

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
mccastle explained it isles i do believe. as far as keeping them in the freezer, i read some where last night that they last about 3-4 months in the freezer.

Oct 20, 2008
Cobblestone Grave
SHUT UP!!!! My brother was just talking about that the other day exact words were " I want mint oreo's that would be so awesome if they made them" I'll tell him later, he will be running a buying them by the case (sound familiar Bagelful fans).;)

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
My wife makes these, but with regular chocolate instead of bark. She calls them Oreo Truffles. SOOOOOOOOO good and yes, they do freeze well.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
The fact that they have a chocolate shell makes them perfect for freezing. I would let the chocolate harden on wax paper and then put them in gallon size freezer bags. If you have the shelf space then a plastic container would work fine also.