Manny Ramirez to Giants?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I first heard something on MLB Home Plate tonight:

http://www.mercurynews.com/athletics/ci_11352024

In Giants news involving another slugger, a report in Thursday's Denver Post said that the team is "quietly making an aggressive play for free agent Manny Ramirez, according to a major-league source."

Giants officials did not return messages for comment Thursday night, but General Manager Brian Sabean has downplayed any interest in Ramirez all winter. Sabean reiterated last week that the Giants had no intention of pursuing another outfielder, which would rule out Ramirez.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
They're just feeling out what it would take to get him on the club. Sabean says that the interest in Manny is somewhat similar to the interest they had in Sabathia. It looks as if the Dodgers are going towards Adam Dunn. If they get Dunn, then Manny is up for grabs.

I think Manny will be going to New York, but who the hell knows?

The Hot Stove League has been interesting for the Giants...so far, me likey.:ter:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Today on the Opie and Anthony show, they are predicting Manny will go to the Mets as a "Keep up with the Jones's" move.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Today on the Opie and Anthony show, they are predicting Manny will go to the Mets as a "Keep up with the Jones's" move.

Most New York sports broadcasters tend to be myopic in their assessments of trades and free agent signings, they're probably reacting to whatever they're reading in the papers.

It could happen. I thought Manny would go to the Yankees.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Manny Ramirez to Giants

The last I heard was that if the Dodgers do not sign Manny, he has the Giants in his back pocket. That would already turn that great rivalry up a notch if he signs with the Giants.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
The last I heard was that if the Dodgers do not sign Manny, he has the Giants in his back pocket. That would already turn that great rivalry up a notch if he signs with the Giants.

I wouldn't say it's that certain. There's no chance I can see management even coming close to what the Dodgers have already offered. I can't understand why Manny keeps turning down great offers from the Dodgers. The Giants have maintained their stance that obtaining Manny would have to make sense financially and to the structure of the young team.

AT&T has a large outfield and Manny would be a disaster out there.

Manny should go back to Cleveland.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
The guy is a real life Happy Gilmore. Can hit the long ball, can throw like a 6year old.