Manny Ramirez tests positive for Performance Enhancing Drugs

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Report: Manny faces 50-game penalty

Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

5132.jpg

Ramirez
Major League Baseball is expected to announce Thursday that Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Manny Ramirez has tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and will be suspended for 50 games, The Los Angeles Times is reporting.
Ramirez's test result and suspension are expected to be announced Thursday, The Times said.
Citing a source familiar with the matter, The Times reported Ramirez is expected to say the positive test results were a result of medication received from a doctor for a personal medical issue.
If his suspension begins Thursday, Ramirez would be eligible to return to the Dodgers' lineup for their July 3 game against San Diego.
Triple-A outfielder Xavier Paul has been told by the Dodgers that he will be promoted later today, according to The Times.

Jose Canseco is starting to look like a genius, he's been right about A-Rod and now Manny! :eek:

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
"After consultation with the Players' Association and his personal representatives, Ramirez waived his right to challenge the suspension. He will lose about one-third of his $25 million salary."

Fined for being stupid? I would think that he would take his medication "not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me" and have it cleared thru the team medical folks before starting to take it. Sounds like Bonds all over again = "take these creams for your sore legs and arms - these are ok to take".

What a horrible time for this this to happen. Hottest team in baseball. Taking a 300+, 30+ HR hitter out of the lineup will eventually hurt.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
I'm not surprised either, I just hope it come out that he was using them when he was on the 2004 Red Sox.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
:2funny:

I laugh in the face of Bud Selig and the MLB as the sport deservedly spirals into oblivion. The sport's worst enemy is itself, and it is current irrelevent to the average American.

By the way, that 50-day suspension is a joke. If you're going to come down, come down hard.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I laugh in the face of Bud Selig and the MLB as the sport deservedly spirals into oblivion. The sport's worst enemy is itself, and it is current irrelevent to the average American.

You must have MLB confused with MLS. Baseball is and will be fine.

Sirius01_8

Oct 14, 2008
After the last few seasons, I wish baseball was a secret that Abner Doubleday took to the grave with him

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
:2funny:

By the way, that 50-day suspension is a joke. If you're going to come down, come down hard.

I say suspend him for the entire remainder of the season, and anyone else who gets caught as well.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
The NHL is the only pro sport that I watch anymore, there is still a little honor in that league. Thank God for the NCAA.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
Would you ever watch the CFL or Minor League Sports Rich ?

I use to really enjoy going to Triple and Double A ballgames when living in Oklahoma, but do not have that opportunity in the market which I live in now. But that was pre steroids (or at least nobody knew about them back then).

Canadian Football League? No.

After thinking about it, the World Cup is fun to watch.