Manny being Manny

Discussion in 'MLB' started by AJ_II, Feb 6, 2009.

1. AJ_II

AJ_II Well-Known Member

The season opener is less than two months away, yet Manny Ramirez is still without a team. If money wasn't an issue, would you want him on your favorite team, baggage and all?

2. Mopar86

Mopar86 Member

I wouldn't trade/pay for him, but if he wanted to play for free sure. He's a great and I have utmost respect for him as a player, but I can't see him working well here in Wrigley. Maybe another team sure, but not with the Cubs.

3. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I'm surprised he is not a Yankee. They always absorb all the overpriced ego-cases from around the league.

4. Bandwagon03

Bandwagon03 Well-Known Member

As a Dodger fan, I have to say what he did while he was there was incredible. HOWEVER, I dont want him to be a Dodger for more than 2 years, as I think his ego and everything else that he brings to the table is not worth it.

5. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I would take him on my team but the Reds spending habits are, WELL, YOU KNOW.

We are going toward youth players. That is fine. I would rather lose with younger players learning than older players. Yes, the Reds have fallen from grace since 1996.

I like the potential of our starting pitching though.

Darn, I would like to have Manny on our team though. ;)

6. goreds2

Why in the HAIL did he turn down 25 million from the Dodgers? I know he wants a multi-year deal but jeezz. :confused:

7. sjb4

sjb4 Member

I'd take him for a year, but not for 25 million. Load up the incentives so that if he reaches them, he gets 25 mill. That way he's required to play hard and not be a distraction.

8. Ifandorbut

Ifandorbut Well-Known Member

It's getting closer to the Dodgers to pay up or walk away. Me thinks they will pay up.

9. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Well-Known Member

The Cleveland Indians should come in at the last minute and sign him for a few years.

1) He likes it in Cleveland - good Hispanic restaurants & clubs - out of the big city pressure - he knows the area. Only reason he left was for a ridiculous A-rod like contract. He knows the management and didn't leave on bad terms.

2) He would have a fast center fielder next to him (Grady Sizemore) like when he played in Cleveland before and is familiar with the Jacobs (now Progressive) field outfield.

3) The Indians need a true powerhitting corner outfielder. His 40+ HRs per year would fill the need nicely.

10. mrpacs

mrpacs Well-Known Member

Indians fan, perhaps?

11. Sirius01_8

Sirius01_8 Member

I think the bigger issue teams have with ManRam is his clown of an agent Scott Boras

12. goreds2

exactly.

13. i am sick and tired of hearing about manny.

14. goreds2

I was just listening to the FOX Sports Report on XM and they are saying there are "conflicting" reports that Manny has signed with the Dodgers. :twitch:

15. Learjet35A

Learjet35A Member

:clap:

I hope this is true, I'm starting my road trip in the morning to catch two Dodger games in Arizona, on March 5th and 6th. At the first game, we're sitting in row 5 or 6 right behind home plate, I can't wait.

16. Sirius01_8

Sirius01_8 Member

If I was the Dodgers, knowing that no ther team has tendered any offers, heres my ultimatum, sign the 2 year 45M within the next 2 weeks or our next offer will be 1 year at 500,000, take it or leave it.

17. goreds2