Manning?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
On any given Sunday, you never know if you are going to get the good Eli or the bad Eli. It's a coin toss. The Giants defense has been a little weak for the past few weeks. I'd like to see more production from the Giants D.

As far as Peyton goes, I'm scratching my head there. He's been a pretty consistent performer over the long-term. Looks like the wheels have come off the whole Indianapolis team. On paper, they were contenders at the beginning of the season. Who would have ever thought Tennessee would be undefeated at this point in the season??

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Yea, the Colts just don't have it this year, Peyton Manning isn't the only one playing poorly. There is a piece missing somewhere, sometimes it happens. It's excellent timing for my 6-0 Titans though! Go Titans!

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
You are right... He's really only had one good week for me in my fantasy league as well. The Colts offense is really out of sync.

I had Tom Brady, now I'm stuck with Jason Campbell, at least he's doing OK. I have both Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers in my other fantasy league, it's a tough decision to pick the starter each week.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Is age the Colts' problem?

I was thinking the same thing. People tend to forget, this is Manning's 11th season...it doesn't seem like it, but he's been in the league for a while now. He's 32! And Harrison is 36, he doesn't have too many years left.

But I think Indy will be fine. They're at 3-3, tied with a lot of other teams for the 2nd Wild Card at this point. Schedule doesn't get any easier for them though...they go to Tennessee next, followed by NE at home, then at Pittsburgh.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I was thinking the same thing. People tend to forget, this is Manning's 11th season...it doesn't seem like it, but he's been in the league for a while now. He's 32! And Harrison is 36, he doesn't have too many years left.

But I think Indy will be fine. They're at 3-3, tied with a lot of other teams for the 2nd Wild Card at this point. Schedule doesn't get any easier for them though...they go to Tennessee next, followed by NE at home, then at Pittsburgh.

If the Titans can hold on and win one more, the should have the division pretty well wrapped up. LP Field will be rockin' Monday night, wish I still lived in Tennessee, I'd be there! Go Titans!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
If the Titans can hold on and win one more, the should have the division pretty well wrapped up. LP Field will be rockin' Monday night, wish I still lived in Tennessee, I'd be there! Go Titans!

Be careful...Tennessee has benefited greatly from a very weak schedule so far. It gets a lot tougher in the 2nd half, playing teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Indy twice, Jacksonville again, Chicago. The Titans may have the best record in the NFL, but they're not the best team (I think). You want to see the two best teams, watch that Steeler/Giant game on Sunday. And even though that Titan defense is stout, I'm not sold that Collins can lead that team deep into the playoffs...although, I guess Dilfer did with Baltimore in 2000, so you never know.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Without question, Jeff Fisher is one of the best head coaches in the NFL.

I think Tennessee will win this game and the division.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Be careful...Tennessee has benefited greatly from a very weak schedule so far. It gets a lot tougher in the 2nd half, playing teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Indy twice, Jacksonville again, Chicago. The Titans may have the best record in the NFL, but they're not the best team (I think). You want to see the two best teams, watch that Steeler/Giant game on Sunday. And even though that Titan defense is stout, I'm not sold that Collins can lead that team deep into the playoffs...although, I guess Dilfer did with Baltimore in 2000, so you never know.

Just an FYI, the Patriots played generally played the weakest schedule year in and year out, including an extremely weak division, during all those Super Bowl runs. Our scedule hasn't been real tough, but we get the W's, which is more than anyone else can say. We won the games we were supposed too, and I think Baltimore and Jacksonville are at least better than their record indicates. The Giants have played an extremely weak schedule as well, and got an ass kicking from a 1-5 Browns team. They have only beaten one team with a winning record, and that was week one against a rookie head coach. The Steelers have also played an extremely weak schedule and lost to a .500 team in the Eagles, who are at the bottom of their division, and haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Titans schedule doesn't look so bad does it?

There is a long way to go yet, and the games are gonna get tougher, for Tennessee, New York , and the Steelers. I think the Titans look pretty good this year, and think they can win a lot of games. I guess will see. Monday nights game against the Colts may or may not prove anything, Colts are sitting at .500 too, and will have a losing record if the Titans hand them another loss. If the Titans do win, that is basicly a 5 game lead on the Colts(4 games plus the tiebreaker).

BTW, I think Collins is a better QB than Dilfer ever was, and is better than Big Ben was when the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Plus Collins has been there before!

Last edited:

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I agree. He'll get his Super Bowl eventually...blyons is hoping sooner rather than later :Smiley_wink:

I'm not holding my breath, but I think the window is opening back up again, while it's closing on the Colts and the Patriots. It's been cracked open in Jacksonville, but they can't ever seem to shove it open.

I sure am hoping!:Smiley_wink:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Just an FYI, the Patriots played generally played the weakest schedule year in and year out, including an extremely weak division, during all those Super Bowl runs. Our scedule hasn't been real tough, but we get the W's, which is more than anyone else can say. We won the games we were supposed too, and I think Baltimore and Jacksonville are at least better than their record indicates. The Giants have played an extremely week schedule as well, and got an ass kicking from a 1-5 Browns team. They have only beaten one team with a winning record, and that was week one against a rookie head coach. The Steelers have also played an extremely weak schedule and lost to a .500 team in the Eagles, who are at the bottom of their division, and haven't beaten anyone with a winning record. Titans schedule doesn't look so bad does it?

There is a long way to go yet, and the games are gonna get tougher, for Tennessee, New York , and the Steelers. I think the Titans look pretty good this year, and think they can win a lot of games. I guess will see. Monday nights game against the Colts may or may not prove anything, Colts are sitting at .500 too, and will have a losing record if the Titans hand them another loss. If the Titans do win, that is basicly a 5 game lead on the Colts(4 games plus the tiebreaker).

You make good points, and you're right with just about everything...except the Browns are 2-4 (small detail, I know :p). Sorry if I'm critical of the Titans. I think I'll always have a sore spot in my heart with that team. Hey, I miss my Oilers, what can I say? The Texans sure haven't done much to ease the pain.

But you guys have a good team, don't get me wrong. All I was trying to say was, the 2nd half of the season should give us a good indicator of how good Tennessee really is, because the schedule gets tougher. They'll be in the playoffs, no doubt...unless the wheels COMPLETELY fall off. And the AFC really isn't too strong this year, at least not so far...so maybe this is the Titans year (boy, I would really hate that!).

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
You make good points, and you're right with just about everything...except the Browns are 2-4 (small detail, I know :p). Sorry if I'm critical of the Titans. I think I'll always have a sore spot in my heart with that team. Hey, I miss my Oilers, what can I say? The Texans sure haven't done much to ease the pain.

But you guys have a good team, don't get me wrong. All I was trying to say was, the 2nd half of the season should give us a good indicator of how good Tennessee really is, because the schedule gets tougher. They'll be in the playoffs, no doubt...unless the wheels COMPLETELY fall off. And the AFC really isn't too strong this year, at least not so far...so maybe this is the Titans year (boy, I would really hate that!).

I guess we won't really know for a while yet who's who.. It's actually good that the Titans are flying under the radar, though if they beat the Colts that's over! I just have a feeling that this is gonna be a good year for the Titans.

I do understand it about losing your team to another city. That would suck. Rumors have been swirling for years now about the Preds leaving, and that would piss me off. I think I would still support them (unless they move to Canada), but that's a bit different of a situation, i.e. money and ticket sales. I really don't remember the circumstances of the Oilers leaving. I'm glad you got a team but I understand the Texans not satisfying the fan base. Maybe one of these days they will start winning! Or you could move to Nashville and rekindle your passion for the Titans:Smiley_wink:

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Without question, Jeff Fisher is one of the best head coaches in the NFL.

I think Tennessee will win this game and the division.

:bigthumbup:

I like the match up of the Titans outstanding running game against the Colts poor run defense. I think the defense can shut down Manning and the aging offense of the Colts too. I think Baltimore was emotionally and physically drained from back to back tough losses to Tennessee and Pittsburgh, so I don't expect they can score much on the Titans who are flying high, and whipped the lowly Chiefs after their bye week. Tennessee's pumped and fresh, the Colts have their finger poised over the panic button.

Tennessee 34, Colts 17 (I hope!)

It depends on which Colts team shows up too, the slow, sloppy one or the sharp fast team. I think Tennessee can beat either but it could be close.