Lynx Sxi1 Stuck In Bootloop

bdtprez

Jul 15, 2015
I have a Lynx that was updating and powered off. now every time it is turned on, it says "Updating Lynx software" "Do not remove power, this may take up to 10 minutes...etc..". It gets to about 40% and then just says "ERROR" , then turns off and returns to the loop.
Does anyone know how to get into bootloader mode so i can try to use ADB and fastboot or the sdcard to reflash the firmware? Also can anyone provide me a link to the firmware!? It is not on SiriusXM website.
Thanks for any help!

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Welcome to the DRC bd.
Sorry that you're having problems with your radio.

There is a button combo that will get you into the android menu, but it's not coming to mind right off the bat. I'm guessing that you have, but have you pulled the battery and sd card to see if that helps it?

One of the threads around here mentioned the button combo. The menu will also let you get to the clear cache setting. That sometimes will help.

If you run out of luck, you can try the Sirius Advanced Tech Support line at (855) 260-5969. They usually do a good job of helping folks.

Good luck and keep us posted.

bdtprez

Jul 15, 2015
The only thread I found did not mention the sequence to "protect" people from messing with their units! The member who knew it last was here in 2014.
I have indeed tried removing SD and battery with the same results. Does anyone know what the sequence is? The first person I talked to at advanced tech support said i needed the original CD that came with the unit, and it didn't come with a CD! I suppose I could try and get someone else..

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I figured you already tried the basics. It sounds like you're in the advanced class, but I had to ask.

I'll try to remember to look up the sequence when I get home tonight. Post again if I forget to reply by midnight.

Sent from Tapatalk

bdtprez

Jul 15, 2015
Thank you so much for trying to help. I've recovered a lot of Android devices but this is driving me crazy. There is absolutely nothing over at xda so, no pressure, but you are my only hope!

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Wow. I kinda feel like Obi Wan.

I got this from a guru out there.
The usual disclaimer applies just like getting into the menu of any phone or similar device. Do not try this if you aren't prepared to accept the risks of possibly ruining your device. Bricks happen.

There isn't a specific three finger salute like there was on some of the other radios.
And you can't specifically update the radio via computer or anything like that.
What you can do, is get to the recovery mode. Hold the power and the right volume button for several seconds. (Holding the left button should take you to a black screen that doesn't seem to do anything.) there's a chance that we have the left and right buttons mixed up. If you can get it recovered to factory, you should be able to get on to Wi-Fi and try to get the old update to happen.

I haven't tried it in years, so I don't remember specifics. Please keep us posted, and good luck!

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
My Lynx actually booted into recovery mode a few days ago instead of recording... Thanks for the sequence.

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
I warranty swapped my Lynx earlier this year and it worked well for about 8 months. Now I'm having recording issues and some of the same issues listed above. I tried the guru advice above, but am actually unsure if it actually did the reset or not. It asked me to re-sign into wifi and now has gotten stuck with a "preparing media" message when I tried to access My Recorded Channels. Any thoughts? Thanks.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If it resets, I think your recordings go away.
Have you pulled the memory card? (If you have one.)

I'd try ithe process again.

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
I set up a new recording and it worked properly, I believe the process worked. I guess time will tell. Thank you HecticArt.

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
Update: The Lynx lasted for a little while longer, but when I turned it off recently, it got stuck on the SiriusXM logo upon turning it back on. I pulled the battery, and....nothing..it now will not turn on whatsoever. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, I can't survive without being able to record Eddie Trunk's show!

bluevast

May 23, 2016
power and right volume? while it's on the siriusxm screen? doesn't seem to work.

Last edited: