Lynx - On Demand And Download Issues

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
My Lynx started to have some issues and going into system recovery more and more often. I did several system resets, but they did not fix the issues. I finally called into Sirius yesterday and did not really receive any real troubleshooting outside of 'your radio is no longer supported. Please look at our new lineup of radios'.

After I called, I discovered a thread on xmfan that described my issues completely. The satellite part of my radio works great, but I have issues with the internet side. The Lynx goes into system recovery [System recovery. Please wait] or it just reboots whenever I attempt to stream something from the On Demand area or start to download anything.

Does anyone have a Lynx that either of these features are working?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Not yet, but I don't use the WiFi as much as I should.

Did you talk to the Advanced Customer Care people, or the main number from the SXM website?

Sent from Tapatalk

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I tried to call into the advanced customer line, but ended up getting transferred around. I'll have to try the advanced tech line if they still have it.

Reactions: HecticArt

juleswheel

Sep 12, 2015
This is happening to me too, now I can't use the Lynx on wifi at all and it won't even let me play my recorded content unless docked and in satellite mode. All my problems started when I tried to play something on demand. Did you ever have any success getting this resolved? I have done resets, refreshed signal, to no avail.

sgniwder

Nov 10, 2008
I was not able to resolve this with the radio. They performed a warranty swap for me and now WIFI is working, but on demand or downloads are still not working with the Lynx.

Does anyone have a Lynx where On Demand or Downloads are working?

Dwoman

Dec 24, 2009
North Carolina
I started getting this issue in May, 2015. The Lynx radio would go to system recovery and reboot itself whenever I tried to access on demand. I did not have any issues with the WIFI side of things, it continued to work. I called Sirius in May and was given a ticket #, the person I talked to knew nothing about it, but was promised that someone would call back. A month later after no call back I called again (dealing with advanced customer care only), this time I got someone that said it was a known issue and they were working it, she gave me a new ticket number and promised a call back when it was resolved. Again another 6 weeks went by and it was July and I called again. This person knew nothing about the issue and my ticket number was worthless, they gave me another ticket number and promised to call back. I told them my annual renewal was coming up in September and if no resolution or no call backs, no renewal. I tried again in September before my renewal and again got the same story. I got another ticket number, can you believe it, and I told them they had 3 weeks until my renewal date to get this right. Again, no call, I called them the day before my renewal period and cancelled, I am done with Sirius. I have a lot of equipment that I want to sell, I will be posting to the hardware site if someone is interested, all in very good condition.

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
I started getting this issue in May, 2015. The Lynx radio would go to system recovery and reboot itself whenever I tried to access on demand. I did not have any issues with the WIFI side of things, it continued to work. I called Sirius in May and was given a ticket #, the person I talked to knew nothing about it, but was promised that someone would call back. A month later after no call back I called again (dealing with advanced customer care only), this time I got someone that said it was a known issue and they were working it, she gave me a new ticket number and promised a call back when it was resolved. Again another 6 weeks went by and it was July and I called again. This person knew nothing about the issue and my ticket number was worthless, they gave me another ticket number and promised to call back. I told them my annual renewal was coming up in September and if no resolution or no call backs, no renewal. I tried again in September before my renewal and again got the same story. I got another ticket number, can you believe it, and I told them they had 3 weeks until my renewal date to get this right. Again, no call, I called them the day before my renewal period and cancelled, I am done with Sirius. I have a lot of equipment that I want to sell, I will be posting to the hardware site if someone is interested, all in very good condition.

I'm interested to see what individual and packaged lots of hardware you'll post to the hardware sale/exchange forum.

I've asked TSS a couple of times about my excess stuff and decided to keep what I have instead of getting pennies on the dollar. If I make it back to my hometown in June I'll take some stuff with me, pre-arrange to meet members of the team and see what they'll offer on the spot. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.