Lynn Samuels Offensive

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
I found Lynn Samuel's show today (Mon 10/20), on the subject of Autism and Aspergers Syndrome, to be quite offensive. She was basically repeating the same garbage that Michael Savage put out a few months ago. I have a niece with Autism and a nephew with Aspergers, and her contention that these are largely imaginary is both mis-informed and offensive.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I found Lynn Samuel's show today (Mon 10/20), on the subject of Autism and Aspergers Syndrome, to be quite offensive. She was basically repeating the same garbage that Michael Savage put out a few months ago. I have a niece with Autism and a nephew with Aspergers, and her contention that these are largely imaginary is both mis-informed and offensive.

I didn't hear the interview but it sounds to me that she was more ignorant than offensive.

Wayne Edwards

Oct 13, 2008
I just wish she would clear her throat, blow her nose and rid herself of all phlegm before she opens the mic. Listening to the various bodily noises she emits during the course of her program can be quite gross.

Oct 12, 2008
Samuels is not "Left"

I like Lynn even if I don't listen to her show as much as I used to. The key to enjoying her show is not taking her too seriously.

First, I wish to note that I didn't start this topic! However, now that it has been raised, I feel compelled to repeat some of what was said on that other forum...

I recognize that Lynn Samuels represents a kind of culture and mentality that some might find entertaining, but she certainly has no place wasting five hours daily on Sirius Left. Her association with "the Left" is completely a product of her own delusions, but her actual philosophical roots are firmly in the Right. Michael (Weiner) Savage is her favorite broadcaster, Matt Drudge is her main informational source, and Lou Dobbs best represents her political views. She is a racist, a xenophobe, and a self-centered ignoramus.

If she has a following, her show should be moved elsewhere. The feeble "Indie" channel might be a candidate...

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Used to drive me crazy (for the few weeks I listened to her) when she'd talk for like 30 minutes about going grocery shopping or some BS like that. She pretty much just sits there and whines about stuff every day.

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
I'm in the NYC market, and Lynn Samuels used to be on WABC 770AM for many years.

I enjoyed her then. I don't listen to her as much now, as her hours are when I'm at work.

But on the occasional weekend replay, I have listened and still like her. I'm often surprised that she curses so often for a political talker, but other than that, I'm ok with her.

I wish she'd be available on the "best of sirius" package, as my mom, who loves Samuels, has so many trees, sirius reception is terrible. XM has no issues at my moms house. Oh well.

Oren

Oct 13, 2008
NE NJ
Lynn and I talk politics back and forth via email.

I don't agree with her all the time, but she's pretty wise as far as politics are concerned.

Oren

Oct 12, 2008
Lynn and I talk politics back and forth via email.

I don't agree with her all the time, but she's pretty wise as far as politics are concerned.
This confirms the point I made previously. I can accept that some may "like" her, or even have the poor judgment to deem her "wise", but it doesn't explain why she belongs on Sirius Left. She is not "left", "liberal", or "progressive" -- and belongs elsewhere where her ignorant venom will be appreciated.

I'm sorry to dismiss your opinion outright, but I read your "confession" in the Conservative Check-in Thread. Please steal her away! I'm sure she would make a big splash on one of the "conservative" channels...

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I like the idea of Lynn more than her actual show. She seems to always be trying to hard and that is probably what happened here. Also, she doesn't seem like much of a progressive, like harold has stated. It's kind of confusing.

volfan1

Oct 13, 2008
No Lynn this week?

Please tell me they shit canned her. Sirius Left is such a mess. I can only hope it will be straightened out.

Please rid us of Lynn the Racist & give us the full three hours of Thom Hartmann.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I listened to her up until she became a Hillary tool.

"Oh, Obaaaama said today..." "Obaaaaama".

Couldn't take it anymore.

I love Hilary but with Lynn, I think it is clearly beyond that. She's messed up to be SO negative against Obama and on the Left channel. I'm not saying tow the line but what are you views anyway? I think Harold got it right. I try to give her a chance but she's shitty most of the time!

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
lynn samuels

needs.
to.
go.

and take alex bennett along with her. both of them are beyond worthless. give me live stephanie miller and all of thom hartmann and i may start listening to that channel more.

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
Most of the political talk's mind numbing. They take the top two or three news stories and debate them ad nasuem like there's one solution to every problem. Right/Left people make me laugh.

Lynn Samuels is unique because she says exactly what she thinks and sticks to it. She isn't PC, mainstream, or apologetic. She's funny and self deprecating. I don't know how she made it on terrestrial radio or what her show was like, but I'm glad she's on Sirius.