Looks like Leo G got canned

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
end of an era

should've known something was up when I didn't hear him between songs today

via his twitter
https://twitter.com/TheGeneralLeoG/status/1768973026
To those loyal, die hard, fans....it's with a heavy heart that I must inform you today was my last day at Sirius XM Radio.

man his last Blaze mix on 66 Raw is staying on my hard drive for a long time

should've let him run the channel but Mills and Hawkins made HHN into a repetitive channel. I don't need to hear Turn My Swag On 30 times in a day! Raw didn't repeat the same songs over and over and actually played real album cuts and not whatever the labels tells them to play.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Well I'm torn, I thought he was a joke on XM, but thought he stepped his game up some after the merger. Raw went deeper with the cuts, but HHN was way better too before the merger. All in all, I have to believe they can do better than Leo G. anyway, but I wish him luck still.

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
The aftershocks continue. Looks like the XM shows are in trouble. SubSoniq which Leo G was a supporter of and helped it get carried over to Sirius is being moved from HHN to Backspin. Maybe somebody read the post here about no programming on Backspin.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
I like the move actually. They move into a weekday slot, up a few hours too. Sunday at like 9 east is a bad spot to be in, IMO. I will be able to catch it more often after the move.

RyanSirius

Oct 11, 2008
I agree with Geo. They can do better than Leo G, but I wish him luck as well. I love Subsoniq-I think it's a really outstanding show, and hopefully this move will get it more exposure.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Catching the new subsoniq show in it's new time slot right now. If any of you catch it this week please post any thoughts.