MrGibbage

Dec 4, 2008
Is there any way to set up two accounts for the Sirius online player so that my wife can play music at work as the same time as me?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think its possible if you have a second radio. I believe you get one free online stream with each radio.

MrGibbage

Dec 4, 2008
Wouldn't you know it? I just found the answer in their FAQ:
https://www.sirius.com/faqs#sir

4. Can I get multiple logins for online listening?
SIRIUS Satellite Radio subscribers with select subscription packages can get a second subscription to SIRIUS Internet Radio for only $6.99/mo (includes CD-quality audio (128K)). Eligible packages include: SIRIUS Everything Plus The Best of XM, SIRIUS Everything, Family Friendly Plus The Best of XM, Family Friendly, and SIRIUS Internet Radio (online only account).

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
For a couple extra bucks, you can pick up a used Sirius radio, and for the same $6.99/month, you can have another online account AND another satellite radio.

MrGibbage

Dec 4, 2008
That's what I was thinking. $6.99/month seemed kinda steep for just an extra account (oh, but you do get the 128K upgrade. Speaking of which... why don't they have a trial period for the 128K? I want to know if it's worth it.)

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
That's what I was thinking. $6.99/month seemed kinda steep for just an extra account (oh, but you do get the 128K upgrade. Speaking of which... why don't they have a trial period for the 128K? I want to know if it's worth it.)

It's only a few bucks a month...subscribe to it for a few days and see if you like it. If you don't you can always downgrade...not much of a loss there. It's worth it to me. Makes a big difference in SQ, and it allows me to stream Sirius on my Sonos setup.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON

For extra radio + premium internet: $6.99 + $2.99 = $9.98
For extra radio + standard internet: $6.99
For no radio + premium internet: $6.99

It kinda depends on what you want in the end.

Sirterp

Oct 17, 2008
If you use one of the third party players, you should both be able to listen at the same time. Also, I think the 128k upgrade is worth every cent. I have a laptop hooked up to my home stereo receiver and the SQ is outstanding. Just my $.02.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
If you use one of the third party players, you should both be able to listen at the same time. Also, I think the 128k upgrade is worth every cent. I have a laptop hooked up to my home stereo receiver and the SQ is outstanding. Just my $.02.

agree 100%...if you listen to any music at all online then the extra $2.99 is well worth it

MrGibbage

Dec 4, 2008
3rd party players??? I only thought you could play using the sirius.com web interface. What else is available? But I would think that even any other players are going to need to log in, and when sirius detects another login from a different IP address, it disconnects the first one, so I'm not so sure that would work. Although I obviously haven't tried it....

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
3rd party players??? I only thought you could play using the sirius.com web interface. What else is available? But I would think that even any other players are going to need to log in, and when sirius detects another login from a different IP address, it disconnects the first one, so I'm not so sure that would work. Although I obviously haven't tried it....

This is correct. Sirius will logout the first when the second attempts to login.

For what you wish, you would need another account, either via a free account when you register a $6.99 radio, $6.99 + 2.99 for a radio + the premium upgrade, or paying $99 for a premium internet account alone.

And yes, IMHO, the premium stream is worth it.

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Sorry I know this isn't the place to post this, but how do you like Sonos? I've been thinking about getting one do you think its worth the money?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Sorry I know this isn't the place to post this, but how do you like Sonos? I've been thinking about getting one do you think its worth the money?

I love it, but it is expensive. I've got 3 zones, the controlle,r and the new application for the iPod Touch. It's the single greatest piece of electronics I own.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York

If you are looking for a multi-zone music system that has the ability to stream content from the web, as well as play cuts from your digital library, you will not be disappointed with the Sonos. I don't think there is a more intuitive or easy to use product of this type out there. There is really no comparable product out there in the price range. I very highly recommend it. :bigthumbup:

If you are looking for something that is just for one room, or you are going to work off of a computer as a media center, there are other more economical options out there.