LMAO @ Bubba's Dog Food Taste Test yesterday

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
If you guys missed it, bubba had his people buy a bunch of varieties of dog and cat foods. both expensive and cheap. wet and dry, and had Tom the treeman taste all of them to determine which ones are good and which ones are horrible. needless to say it was great radio yesterday on my ride home from work if you didn't hear it

Horse Renoir

Mar 3, 2009
If you guys missed it, bubba had his people buy a bunch of varieties of dog and cat foods. both expensive and cheap. wet and dry, and had Tom the treeman taste all of them to determine which ones are good and which ones are horrible. needless to say it was great radio yesterday on my ride home from work if you didn't hear it

I don't listen to Bubba, but that sounds pretty comical.

I mean to give him a listen, but I end up sticking with the HSS replay. It's not like I haven't caught a segment here and there, though; just not anything on a regular basis.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
He didn't even flinch when eating that crap. Tom is too awesome to let the taste of dog food afffect him.

"I'm awesome"...

Can't wait to get to that segment. The Gaines-burgers discussion was bringing back memories... SO glad our cat eats dry food...

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
"I'm awesome"...

Can't wait to get to that segment. The Gaines-burgers discussion was bringing back memories... SO glad our cat eats dry food...

both my cat and dog both eat dry cat food. I used to buy both types of food, but the dog kept eating the cats food, so I just quit buying dog food and buy cat food exclusively.

when I was a kid, my grandad had a collie, and I remember tasting the dry dog food and the milk bone dog biscuit out of curiousity. needless to say, both taste like ass. I dont understand how a dog thinks a milk bone is a treat.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Dogs lick their own balls and asses. A Milkbone is a TREAT!!!

Ha, ya beat me to it.

When I was in HS, I would babysit for some friends and the 5 year old would eat the cat food just to tweak me out. We've also checked on the neighbor's cats while they were away and had to give them canned food. It's so disgusting. I hold my breath from the smell, can't imagine the taste...

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
We've also checked on the neighbor's cats while they were away and had to give them canned food. It's so disgusting. I hold my breath from the smell, can't imagine the taste...

We give out cats a mixture of hard and soft - the soft food does take getting used to. But I have noticed that some brands do smell worse than others. Still, though, not sure I'd ever be tempted to eat any of it, no matter the offer on the table.