Lithium is Better?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Holy cow! :bow: Did Lithium get a shit-ton better or something recently?

I haven't listened to it in a while because it has a pretty shallow playlist but I've had it on the last few days. I'm hearing songs I haven't heard in some time.

Right now, it's Green Day Live from the BBC Vault. Freakin excellent!!

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I like this channel but liked XM LUCY a little better though. Lithium's playlist seems somewhat shallow but I think it has improved.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I agree. They've opened up their playlist recently. First Wave has done the same thing. I hope it's more than their semiannual "open up the playlist for a few weeks" routine.

I like the variety. They could meet halfway between XM and Sirius' playlists and I'd be happy.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I wonder if it has anything to do with "Classic College Radio" being on the air. They seem to focus on an entirely different segment of 80's & 90's alternative and maybe that helped Lithium expand the playlist?

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfrising13.com
I listened to Lithium for a few hours today, the playlist does sound a bit different to me, if they did or didn't changed it. I will still check out the channel, it one of my top 10 favorite channels.

dlnester

Oct 15, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
I need to start listening to Lithium a lot more. I used to listen all the time. Lately I've been spending more time listening to First Wave and Classic College Radio. I like the music on College Radio, but I notice I don't recognize the music that much. I grew up near a college town, but couldn't get the college radio station so that is why I missed so much of it.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I need to start listening to Lithium a lot more. I used to listen all the time. Lately I've been spending more time listening to First Wave and Classic College Radio. I like the music on College Radio, but I notice I don't recognize the music that much. I grew up near a college town, but couldn't get the college radio station so that is why I missed so much of it.
Half of the fun of college radio was not knowing who all of the bands were .

Lithium has opened up their play list again. It tends to fluctuate. Open to closed. I like it much better when it's open.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have liked Lithium recently. They tend to shift to and from a grunge focus. I like it when they shift away from exclusively grunge and more towards regular alternative.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Reminder- tonight on Lithium:
Oasis '94
Fri 1/27 8:00 pm ET
Lithium brings you an exclusive live performance from Oasis in 1994 at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in London. (1 hr)
Rebroadcast: Sat 1/28 12:00 pm ET; Sun 1/29 5:00 pm ET

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I have liked Lithium recently. They tend to shift to and from a grunge focus. I like it when they shift away from exclusively grunge and more towards regular alternative.
The problem with 90s alternative is that there's 3 different types:
1) Grunge - Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Temple of the Dog, etc.

2) "middle stuff" like Hole, Cake, etc.

3) Later stuff like Blink 182, Lit, etc.

What Lithium should do is take modern stuff by those bands...don't be afraid to go outside of the 90s. If a 90s band still does stuff...put it on Lithium. Likewise, if that band did stuff in the 80s....same.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The problem with 90s alternative is that there's 3 different types:
1) Grunge - Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice In Chains, Temple of the Dog, etc.

2) "middle stuff" like Hole, Cake, etc.

3) Later stuff like Blink 182, Lit, etc.

What Lithium should do is take modern stuff by those bands...don't be afraid to go outside of the 90s. If a 90s band still does stuff...put it on Lithium. Likewise, if that band did stuff in the 80s....same.
Amen. I one of those bands is still making records, they should still be playing them.

I think there was a 4th category too, with the bands that had the electronic edge like EMF, Jesus Jones, and The Shamen.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Amen. I one of those bands is still making records, they should still be playing them.

I think there was a 4th category too, with the bands that had the electronic edge like EMF, Jesus Jones, and The Shamen.
I agree. There's a category of "other" that I forgot. Not quite techno, but sort of a bridge between techno and rock. Throw Nine Inch Nails (at least some of their stuff) in there as well.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Lithium’s 20th Anniversary Album Celebration
Fri 4/6 9:00 am ET
Lithium is celebrating the 20th anniversary of some of the most influential albums of the 90’s! From The Lemonheads and Blind Melon to Nirvana and Alice in Chains, you’ll get tracks that made these albums popular plus the deeper cuts that made them essential! Lithium’s 20th Anniversary Album celebration: For one week only, and only on Lithium!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Special Event Planned To Mark The 10th Anniversary Of Singer Layne Staley's Passing

It's been ten years since the passing of Alice In Chains lead singer Layne Staley, and to mark this anniversary and honor his life, we're calling for all fans, new and old, to join us on the eve of April 5th to sing back to the man that gave us everything.

Alice In Chains and Mad Season singer Layne Staley's voice cut through the soul of a generation. He affected all who heard him, and a decade after he left us, his impact has not lessened. What better way to express our appreciation for what he gave us, and what he continues to give us, then to sing his own words back to him?

Give five minutes of your time and join us live April 5th at 9 p.m. EST as we Sing For Layne.

For more information on how you can participate, please visit Sing For Layne, facebook.com/singforlayne or follow on twitter.com/singforlayne.

Layne Thomas Staley was born on August 22nd in Kirkland, Washington and died on April 5, 2002 in Seattle, Washington at age 34.

kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Lithium’s 20th Anniversary Album Celebration
Fri 4/6 9:00 am ET
Lithium is celebrating the 20th anniversary of some of the most influential albums of the 90’s! From The Lemonheads and Blind Melon to Nirvana and Alice in Chains, you’ll get tracks that made these albums popular plus the deeper cuts that made them essential! Lithium’s 20th Anniversary Album celebration: For one week only, and only on Lithium!

Deeper cuts for one week only. :banghead::banghead: