List your Wii Games and thoughts

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Thought this would be a good way to get some easy reviews on games that DRC members have played.

We have (and keep in mind the primary Wii player in my house is 5 years old)

1. Mario Kart---Great game. So much fun to play plus the online racing never gets old.

2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance---My favorite game. There is just about every marvel superhero you can think of and you can play with up to 4 people. Playing by yourself, your other three teammates are computer controlled and will actually help you fight. Love this game. Lot of cool unlockable characters (blade, daredevil, silver surfer) and it has high replay value.

3. Spider Man 3--This was ok, not a lot of story here and not very difficult.

4. Spider Man--Web of Shadows---We haven't really played much of this one yet but it seems kind of dark, which is a good thing. The beginning sequence on the game is awesome.

5. Pitfall The Big Adventure: I loved this game and even though we beat it my sons plays it all the time. There is so much to explore. It is a remake of a Gamecube title of a different Pitfall name but from what I've read online, it is the exact same game. This game was hard though because they really don't provide much direction. Fun to run around and explore.

6. Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer---Plays kind of like Ultimate Alliance. This was a christmas present and we haven't played it much, only for about 10 minutes. No review is possible from me.

Post your titles and mini reviews here....

fineware

Nov 8, 2008
Remington, VA
1. RockBand2 - Makes me feel like I'm back in my garage band when I was in HS. The tunes are terrific... I have some serious blisters and my fingers are swollen from shredding that guitar for hours and hours. What more can you say?
2. Sport - Great for bowling and baseball. Wife also likes tennis. Neat departure from typical shoot-em-ups.
3. Super Mario Galaxy - Kind of a kid game but pretty enjoyable and keeps your interest.
4. Wii Fit - Just got yesterday, so I may update this later. Oh, and wife didn't know it weighs you... duh.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
pinball classics- THE BEST GAME EVER with the worst controler setup ever. Well it's not the worst but it forces you to use both controlers and you can't change it at all. Still it's the best game ever if you like pinball.

World of Goo- good stuff. Addictive. Can blow an hour no problem with this game.

Bully- Real good but I got stuck in a part that might be the worst part of the game and stopped careing when I got the pinball game.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
1. Mario Kart Wii - The most fun I've had with a video game in years.
2. World of Goo - Brilliant and simple.
3. Any Lego game - My daughter and I love working through these together.
4. Super Mario Galaxy - My favorite Mario game in a long time.

leth

Jan 4, 2009
Southern Ontario
1. Super Paper Mario - Fun game, really makes you think when looking for stuff
2. Mario Kart - The steering wheel makes this game great, and so does online play
3. Mario Party 8 - Lots of fun, especially with friends over
4. Wii Fit - The workouts are pretty good, but sometimes gets boring/repetative. Hopefully they come out with an expansion pack. However this game is very handy for tracking the progress on your weight and BMI (serves as good motivation when you see your 3/6/12 month progress chart)
5. Shawn White Snowboarding - OK game, but the ability to use the balance board makes it fun
6. Tiger Woods 2008 - Good game for the golfer, although the swing mechanism sometimes screws up when you're putting. Apparantly this is fixed in 2009 (as well as adds online play) I'm very tempted to go buy 2009.
7. Super Mario Galaxy - A great game; this was the first Wii game I got and took me a couple months but I finally beat it (with the occasional help of some walkthroughs)
8. Lego Star Wars - Not a bad game, but I got bored of it; however I will probably pick it up again soon.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

You love this game if you like solving puzzles, battle evil and and do not mind taking time to finish the game.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
1) Mario Kart Wii - I was a huge fan of Mario Kart 64 and have fond memories of battling with friends during my high school free period instead of doing something productive. :D

2) Super Smash Bros Brawl - For those not familiar, this series pits video game characters in a free for all fight. The Wii controls were a bit difficult to get used to, but it's a very enjoyable game. But damn the story mode is long.

3) Rock Band - I've played this one the least, but I after only playing the Guitar Hero games I enjoyed the addition of the vocals and drums.

4) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - The Zelda games are classics. An incredible amount of game play is packed into this game.

5) Wii Sports - Very fun, especially for a game included with the system.

6) Link's Crossbow training - Free with the Wii Zapper. It's alright, it has you shooting at target in locations from TP.

7) Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil series. This game has you play through scenarios from Resident Evil 0-3 and also new content in a classic arcade style shooter where you aim the Wii controller at the screen.

8) No More Heroes - Definitely not for the kids. It's a ultra violent game where you use the Wii controller to wield a "beam katana" to try and become a top assasin. The game's cool art style and weird sense of humor make it even more enjoyable.