Liquid Metal Totally Sux

ZoSo925

Jun 6, 2009
I basically sent all the people on Liquid Metal this email

Why is Liquid Metal constantly playing the same songs all the time? The cold hard truth is this channel is nothing more then a top 50 hits every day. I hear the same damn 50 songs every day.

How about a NO REPEAT WEEK?? 75% of the stuff played on Liquid Metal should be on Faction Channel or create some Nu-Metal channel and play that crap on it. I am sick of all this un-talented scream core playing all the time.

The program director of this channel seriously needs to be fired. I can do a much better job at organizing stuff to be played in his lifetime. Liquid Metal needs to have more Classic Thrash and Death Metal playing from 1986-1993 era.

I am a paying subscriber who is over the age of 30. Liquid Metal is marketing this channel like it’s to some 15yo virgins. Majority of us Sirius subscribers are adults, why are you treating us like children?

89.5 WSOU during is glory days 1986-1996 was like the ultimate radio station in the United States. They had no rules and no guide lines. They just constantly pumped out great music all the time and never repeated shit.

I know Sirius has a bigger catalog of Napalm Death and Cannibal Corpse but you guys play the same 2 songs whenever they get a chance to be played.

Discuss..

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I have to agree. I heard 2 Cannibal Corpse songs in 2 days and they were the exact same song and it wasn't even their good one.

New Devildriver is good but some of the repeats have been too often

cldoobie

Jan 17, 2009
SW Ohio
It's not just this channel, most of the channels I have known to love have sucked since the merger. I'm probably canceling this month, I hardly even listen to sirius anymore.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I don't agree with that one. I lose my mind without Sirius and think they have been real good as of late. They've gone "XM" with thier "deeper" play lists which seemingly means they play a bands bad songs too.

I love DOWN but come on! That song they keep playing over and over isn't very good. Get back to playing Pillamid 37times a day. That's good stuff.

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
I used to tune in to a single channel for hours...sometimes even a full day....with not desire to change it.

No so after the merger....

Dragline

Nov 12, 2008
For the most part, I agree. It's not the variety of bands that bother me (although Korn, System of a Down, and Deftones belong on Octane), it's the repetition. They play the same damn songs over and over. Throw in the annoying DJs (Zeena, Kara, and Jose) that talk over the music, and you've got the perfect recipe for a crappy metal channel.

It does feel like a "Top 20" channel. The funny thing is, it's a damn metal channel! People aren't tuning in for "the hits".

I was really hoping we'd get XM's actual Liquid Metal channel as a result of the merger. The crap we have now is nothing like the real Liquid Metal and doesn't even compare to Hard Attack back in its prime.

I'm probably canceling this evening, too. I used to love Sirius, but the only thing I really enjoy anymore is Stern. With the secondary receiver price increase and the price increase coming up in July (the so-called music royalty fee), it's just not worth it anymore.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
I have like 8hrs backed up on the s50 of liquid metal and the repetition is upsetting. Sorry but NFL is not a good Anthrax song (it's ok at best) and I've heard it maybe 5times this past week.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
I don't agree with that one. I lose my mind without Sirius and think they have been real good as of late. They've gone "XM" with thier "deeper" play lists which seemingly means they play a bands bad songs too.

I love DOWN but come on! That song they keep playing over and over isn't very good. Get back to playing Pillamid 37times a day. That's good stuff.
Seriously? That's what you want? Go download Pyllamid off iTunes then.

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
I was really hoping we'd get XM's actual Liquid Metal channel as a result of the merger. The crap we have now is nothing like the real Liquid Metal and doesn't even compare to Hard Attack back in its prime.
Really? Seems just like Hard Attack to me. If they hadn't changed the name nobody would have noticed. I wish we would have got Liquid Metal too.

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
Really? Seems just like Hard Attack to me. If they hadn't changed the name nobody would have noticed. I wish we would have got Liquid Metal too.

The biggest problem is Liquid Metal is trying to do what The Boneyard and Octane should be doing in their corners.

It is heavier than what I remembered Hard Attack being...but damn...I have not heard Callendish Circle since the merger for example.

Bring back Ward...at least with him I discovered new music...

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Seriously? That's what you want? Go download Pyllamid off iTunes then.

Not really but dam. It seems like they are only good when they happen to be playing a good song you haven't heard in a while or yet...until you can't stand it anymore or they start playing a song that ISN'T good over and over.

Is that DAATH and Vampire MOOOSE supposed to be good?

ResedaCC

May 7, 2009
XM knew what they were doing with Liquid Metal, Squizz, and The Boneyard. Sirius was clueless with Hard Attack, Octane, Buzzsaw, and Hairnation.

After the merger, Hard Attack changed it's name to Liquid Metal. It's not working. The name change didn't fool anyone.

Buzzsaw programming with the Boneyard name. Nobody is fooled.

Squizz didn't need to changed at all, but now the Octane crew is screwing things up.

Hairnation had a unchanging stale playlist at Sirius. Bodhi is slowly adding more songs to the playlist. The jury is still out!

gilpdawg

Oct 12, 2008
New Paris, OH
Not really but dam. It seems like they are only good when they happen to be playing a good song you haven't heard in a while or yet...until you can't stand it anymore or they start playing a song that ISN'T good over and over.

Is that DAATH and Vampire MOOOSE supposed to be good?
Daath is pretty fuckin cool. The Hinderers is a slammin album.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I used to listen during my morning drive on Fridays when I couldn't listen to Bubba online. I knew something was wrong when I was hearing the same songs, at the same time, on the same day of the week each week. I love the music they play, but they could benefit from going a bit deeper into the library, and not just during Beyond the Pit.

WACF

Oct 28, 2008
Canadian Prairies
XM knew what they were doing with Liquid Metal, Squizz, and The Boneyard. Sirius was clueless with Hard Attack, Octane, Buzzsaw, and Hairnation.

After the merger, Hard Attack changed it's name to Liquid Metal. It's not working. The name change didn't fool anyone.

Buzzsaw programming with the Boneyard name. Nobody is fooled.

Squizz didn't need to changed at all, but now the Octane crew is screwing things up.

Hairnation had a unchanging stale playlist at Sirius. Bodhi is slowly adding more songs to the playlist. The jury is still out!

I have heard a few surprises on Hair Nation lately.

Save Our Sould by Crue being one of them...

Keep up the good fight man.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
More SEPULTURA, bitch!

EDIT: And more Polkadot Cadaver. They rock (what?).

247HardAttack

Jun 19, 2009
I have to agree. I heard 2 Cannibal Corpse songs in 2 days and they were the exact same song and it wasn't even their good one.

This is why I got Hard Attack in the first place so didn't have to hear Death Metal every 5 minutes like XMLM was. Why did they merge in the first place? and what happened to the devils dozen and hard files. Oh how I miss the hard attack days. :bigahh:

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Yah, Liquid Metal sucks. Bring back Hard Attack.

It doesn't matter what you call it, when you merge the two companies, something is going to have to go away.

I was against the merger from the beginning, but now that it's here and passed, it's time to move on and either accept the change or leave and find something else.

I prefer to stay here. Not just for NASCAR, but for music, too :)