Lions Raiola fined $7,500 by team for obscene gesture

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
do you guys think this was fair? I personally think Dumbinic Revolvingdoorola is a crap center on this team and yeah, he's been with the team since 2001 but who cares??? On the other hand, I do NOT think he should have been fined for flipping off fans. Does anyone even care at this point??

screw 0-16 let's go 0-32

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
There were fans present to see the gesture?

If i'm not mistaken it was right after the game

"Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola says he has no remorse about making an obscene gesture toward his team's fans because their heckling went too far.

Raiola told a reporter he doesn't regret extending his middle finger toward fans Sunday during a 20-16 loss to Minnesota that dropped the Lions to 0-13.

"I don't take one thing back," he said yesterday.

"I'm just so frustrated," Raiola said. "I'm tired of being a doormat for people to just talk to us how they want to talk to us. I'm just not going to put up with that anymore."

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
of course it was a home game....do you really think that they would be booing the lowly lions at any other stadium while the fans of the opposing team are racking the points up on these schmucks??? Hell no, they would be lighting their cigars and filling up their beer cups if they could

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
of course it was a home game....do you really think that they would be booing the lowly lions at any other stadium while the fans of the opposing team are racking the points up on these schmucks??? Hell no, they would be lighting their cigars and filling up their beer cups if they could

*sigh*

It was supposed to be a joke referencing how there would be anybody watching a Lions home game but obviously it was funny only to me.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
*sigh*

It was supposed to be a joke referencing how there would be anybody watching a Lions home game but obviously it was funny only to me.

I got it!

As to the guy flipping off the fans, I don't think he should apologize. I don't think it's the players fault, they wanna win and they do try their best. It's a horrible front office and horrible coaching. It can be pretty frustrating. The players do mess up sometimes, but the coaching is just awful. If the fans boo anyone it should be the front office and the coaches. That team should start completely over from top to bottom. and if players want to leave, let them leave! Remember Barry Sanders? He played his heart out for them and all he wanted to do was win for once in his life, but they wouldn't let him go, so he just quit because he couldn't handle the losing anymore.