Likes and dislikes post channel update

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
The XM Kids Channel and Sirius' Kid Staff were combined making Kid's Place Live. So how did they get rid of a kids station?

I've heard a lot of people complain about Kids Stuff being gone. I haven't listned to hear the difference but is Kids Place Live a substitution like the 70s channel is for the Strobe?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I've heard a lot of people complain about Kids Stuff being gone. I haven't listned to hear the difference but is Kids Place Live a substitution like the 70s channel is for the Strobe?

I thought I just said what the deal was? Kids Stuff and The Kids Channel on XM were combined to make Kids Place Live! It's just like the Big 80's being combined with 80's on 8, except they changed the name.

You do tend to buy into every complaint rather they are real or not don't you?

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I thought I just said what the deal was? Kids Stuff and The Kids Channel on XM were combined to make Kids Place Live! It's just like the Big 80's being combined with 80's on 8, except they changed the name.

You do tend to buy into every complaint rather they are real or not don't you?

What I said is that people have stated that the replacement or new "merged" channel does not come even close. Sorry to dare question Sirius Xm on ANY of their replacement programmings. What I said is that their substituted two below average dance shows (that overlap) to replace a station does not make it like the station.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
What I said is that people have stated that the replacement or new "merged" channel does not come even close. Sorry to dare question Sirius Xm on ANY of their replacement programmings. What I said is that their substituted two below average dance shows (that overlap) to replace a station does not make it like the station.

No, I am pretty darn good reader and you said:

BUT got rid of the Kid's Station!

I said no they merged the Sirius and XM Kids channels and made Kids Place Live! So, no they didn't get rid of the kids station. A couple of people said they liked the original Kids Stuff better. Some have said they like the Sirius Gold better than 50's on 50. Some have said they prefered the old Sirius way of doing the decades channels. We could go on and on and on. But these changes were made and we aren't going back. They may get tweaked, but that is about the best one can hope for at this point.

Then you said:
I haven't listned to hear the difference but is Kids Place Live a substitution like the 70s channel is for the Strobe?

The kids programming wasn't put off on another channel in another genre somewhere, it is still in the same genre on the same channel it was before with a different name. Two very different things!

I don't care if you question SiriusXM about their merged channel decisions, but I don't understand how someone can be so negative about everything and keep subscribing? I don't like everything they've done and I've voiced my opinion. I don't think much of Sirius management and have not for many years. Just not in every thread I post in.

Sirius has done what they have done. Like it, love it, hate it, leave it, the bottom line is we aren't going back! What good does it do to constantly stay negative about every little thing (which is my point) . Is it going to bring the stations back? Sirius has a history here and the fact is they are plowing forward and they feel the decisions they've made are good ones.

For the most part there are many of us that while we might have been put off by a lost channel or two, a merged channel that we don't particular like the outcome, we just said well there is still enough here to enjoy the service. The day that is no longer th case, I won't come here and bitch about it. I'll call Sirius and bitch to them and cancel the service.

Anyway, like I said I don't care if you complain, complain away, you certainly have been! :) Anyway... just know not everyone feels like you do so you'll likely get a counter argument from time to time and it maybe from me!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My 7 year old son can't tell the difference between the new and the old. He still asks for XM Kids and we put on 116 and he is happy.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
No, I am pretty darn good reader and you said:

I said no they merged the Sirius and XM Kids channels and made Kids Place Live! So, no they didn't get rid of the kids station. A couple of people said they liked the original Kids Stuff better. Some have said they like the Sirius Gold better than 50's on 50. Some have said they prefered the old Sirius way of doing the decades channels. We could go on and on and on. But these changes were made and we aren't going back. They may get tweaked, but that is about the best one can hope for at this point.
Fine. Kid's Stuff is not there anymore. It is gone and you've pointed that out. It's not the original Kids Stuff, it's Kids Place Live. It's not the Big 80s (at all), it's 80s on 8. That is a good example of something that has changed so much (and refuse to even point out the changes on the 80s on 8 web page which still shows a pre mergered/"massacred" lineup) that it is not nearly the same channel. It's not the Strobe or Chrome....it's two poorly programmed six hour blocks!

The best one can come up with at this point? Now I know you work for Sirius XM!

I don't care if you question SiriusXM about their merged channel decisions, but I don't understand how someone can be so negative about everything and keep subscribing? I don't like everything they've done and I've voiced my opinion. I don't think much of Sirius management and have not for many years. Just not in every thread I post in.

What I don't understand is how someone that posts on a message board and is obviously more than just a causal satradio fan can be so balasha about the changes...unless he or she works for said company.

Right now I as subscriber, I have every right to complain until they start to listen. After the changes, I realize I listen still but less and less. I did find the two different 80s countdowns interesting....until they kept repeating the same years after two weeks....Casey has been doing the Countdown through all of the 80s....so why play 1980 one week, 1983 or so the next and then 1980 week 3!

Sirius has done what they have done. Like it, love it, hate it, leave it, the bottom line is we aren't going back! What good does it do to constantly stay negative about every little thing (which is my point) . Is it going to bring the stations back? Sirius has a history here and the fact is they are plowing forward and they feel the decisions they've made are good ones.

It's funny that some (not sure if you or someone else said it) feel so strongly about the idea that they causal listeners will not only gladly accept nearly all changes and maybe not notice...so am I striking a nerve?

For the most part there are many of us that while we might have been put off by a lost channel or two, a merged channel that we don't particular like the outcome, we just said well there is still enough here to enjoy the service. The day that is no longer th case, I won't come here and bitch about it. I'll call Sirius and bitch to them and cancel the service.

Come on. You think you might come to the point where you would feel so passionately that you would quit your job at Sirius? Well that is passion sir.

So let's get this straight!

-Shut up and listen to your radio.
-Don't complain about the changes because they'll never go back (So maybe giving Meg AFTER the merger had nothing to do with passionate music fans). Don't make suggestions at all..they don't even take requests....unless you're requesting more rock and country stations?
-Don't say anything unless it is positive about a service/person on any message devoted to said topic.
-You work for Sirius XM

Anyway, like I said I don't care if you complain, complain away, you certainly have been! :) Anyway... just know not everyone feels like you do so you'll likely get a counter argument from time to time and it maybe from me!

I give. I'm a yes man. I like everything SIrius XM does.

Everything worth listening to is now on Sirius :yesshake:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
My 7 year old son can't tell the difference between the new and the old. He still asks for XM Kids and we put on 116 and he is happy.

Well, too bad all the people listening to all the change aren't kids. That owuld be much easier!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Fine. Kid's Stuff is not there anymore. that it is not nearly the same channel. It's not the Strobe or Chrome....it's two poorly programmed six hour blocks!

You don't even listen to kids stuff so how do you know? Well someone said it, so it must be true! I was not a big Strobe listener and I have no idea if the 6 hour block is crap or not, but it sounds good to me. You are only one subscriber and if your petition support is any indication you don't stand a chance of getting this thing changed back. The real deal is you don't stand a chance anyway.

The best one can come up with at this point? Now I know you work for Sirius XM!

Right and you work for the NAB! I wish Sirius would send my check now! :rolleyes:

What I don't understand is how someone that posts on a message board and is obviously more than just a causal satradio fan can be so balasha about the changes...unless he or she works for said company.

I've talked about losing a few of my favorite channels, I am just not obsessed about it like you are and jump into every negative thread I can find. But the fact is that unlike you I've been able to step back listen and find some bright spots in all this. It so easy to focus on nothing but negative which is clearly what you are doing. So, how much is the NAB paying you there Vin? That is a pretty stupid comment isn't it? Almost as dumb as yours that I have to work for Sirius.

Right now I as subscriber, I have every right to complain until they start to listen.

You have every right to complain to them. You sure do. Clearly you've never met a negative thread or a negative post that you don't like. You just embrace them all rather they are true or not, just like with the kids channel and the moron that destroyed his tuner.

No way they can make all these changes and make everyone happy. You aren't happy I think we've got that now! You have options, one is to pick up the phone and cancel. If you think you are going to get them to change it back like it was prior to the merger, you are dreaming.

It's funny that some (not sure if you or someone else said it) feel so strongly about the idea that they causal listeners will not only gladly accept nearly all changes and maybe not notice...so am I striking a nerve?

Not striking a nerve with me, but I think it is necessary to point out that while you may feel as you do there are a hell of lot more out there that could care freaking less. Does it bother you some much that I post in your threads or threads that you post in giving the other view? Apparently it does since I am now being accused of being a Sirius employee. LOL

Come on. You think you might come to the point where you would feel so passionately that you would quit your job at Sirius? Well that is passion sir.

Honestly Vin, you sound like a child with the Sirius job stuff. If this is all can you come up with the counter my comments it is weak! I think I could argue I am as passionate about sat radio as you. Those that have been around on this forum know that very well. But I've never found it necessary to become obsessed over something I absolutely cannot change. You think you are going to get Sirius XM to change back? Well you aren't! You think you are going to get them to unmerge the channels? Well you aren't! There is a big difference in passion and obsession or hope and reality.

So let's get this straight!

-Shut up and listen to your radio.
-Don't complain about the changes because they'll never go back (So maybe giving Meg AFTER the merger had nothing to do with passionate music fans). Don't make suggestions at all..they don't even take requests....unless you're requesting more rock and country stations?
-Don't say anything unless it is positive about a service/person on any message devoted to said topic.
-You work for Sirius XM

You never read me say anything like this. My point is you are like an obsessed dog with a bone and you can't seem to let it go. You just go on and on and on. You jump into every negative thread, you post every negative thing you can find, you continue to complain every freaking day. Don't you think the members on this forum know your position by now? Geez, you've only posted it everyday since the channel changes.

You need to complain to them, complaining over and over and over on this form might make you feel better, but it will net you ZERO. Even in conversations where folks were talking about what they liked, you piped in talking about yeah but they took away my strobe! Yeah, we know, we know. Nothing wrong with posting how you feel, but you've done that. We get it we really do. But also know not everyone agrees with you or feels as you do.

Clearly many of us understand some of what you feel as we lost channels we loved, we don't particularly like the outcome of the merged channels themselves. We've posted that and we've made suggestion for tweaking. But you know most folks will post what they don't like then follow it up with but then there is this or that I do like. You don't seem to like anything except to complain about what you don't like and yet continue to subscribe. We aren't going back?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Well, too bad all the people listening to all the change aren't kids. That owuld be much easier!

Other than the parents inside the car with the kid, who besides kids listens to 116?

And for the record, I can't tell the difference either. Sounds like XM kids to me.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Does your seven year old like to listen to Radio Disney out of curosity ?

I don't know. He doesn't know it exists (and I hope to keep it that way). I find Radio Disney grates on my nerves while 116 actually is listenable by an adult (or at least me).

Most of the time my 7 year old listens to the stuff I do. He has become a huge Aerosmith fan (unlike me) and a Queen fan (like me). We listen primarly to ClassicRewind, the 70s or the 80s. But he asked for the Kids channel now and again. Of course if there is a MLB game or a NHL game on we must listen to that.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Interesting , and besides that when my younger sister is with me I have Radio Disney on and they play alot of the same old crap.

Wow your seven old likes Aerosmith and Queen that is cool.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
You don't even listen to kids stuff so how do you know? Well someone said it, so it must be true! I was not a big Strobe listener and I have no idea if the 6 hour block is crap or not, but it sounds good to me. You are only one subscriber and if your petition support is any indication you don't stand a chance of getting this thing changed back. The real deal is you don't stand a chance anyway.
Everything worth listening to is now on Sirius

I've talked about losing a few of my favorite channels, I am just not obsessed about it like you are and jump into every negative thread I can find. But the fact is that unlike you I've been able to step back listen and find some bright spots in all this. It so easy to focus on nothing but negative which is clearly what you are doing. So, how much is the NAB paying you there Vin? That is a pretty stupid comment isn't it? Almost as dumb as yours that I have to work for Sirius.[/QUOTE}
You didn't lose anything and if you did, don't complain about it. Want to know why?

No way they can make all these changes and make everyone happy. You aren't happy I think we've got that now! You have options, one is to pick up the phone and cancel. If you think you are going to get them to change it back like it was prior to the merger, you are dreaming.
Look, as we all know, you have to keep adding the same country channels and white rock act channels, and that is the winning formula because everyone is a causal listener and people that pay $12.95 or so a month obviously have no passion for music and won't notice or complain about any changes. I mean, you know every change worth making was made by Sirius because everything worth listening to is now ON SIRIUS!

You need to complain to them, complaining over and over and over on this form might make you feel better, but it will net you ZERO. Even in conversations where folks were talking about what they liked, you piped in talking about yeah but they took away my strobe! Yeah, we know, we know. Nothing wrong with posting how you feel, but you've done that. We get it we really do. But also know not everyone agrees with you or feels as you do.
I've never complained multiple times about them canceling the Strobe or the fact that they're substitution are poor along with the fact that on their 80s page, they refuse to make people aware of the changes they have made since that blessed day (I guess, this is normal, huh?)
SIRIUS Satellite Radio - '80s Music Radio ? Listen to ?80s Hit Music on Sirius Satellite Radio ? ?80s on 8
I've complained but I really shouldn't because...well, you know...

Clearly many of us understand some of what you feel as we lost channels we loved, we don't particularly like the outcome of the merged channels themselves. We've posted that and we've made suggestion for tweaking. But you know most folks will post what they don't like then follow it up with but then there is this or that I do like. You don't seem to like anything except to complain about what you don't like and yet continue to subscribe. We aren't going back?
How is "WE"? Mel, Scott, John and yourself?

I give, I give!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That is such a weak post Vinny it doesn't even deserve a reply! Now you are just typing to type! You long ago lost this argument, you just don't know it yet! LOL

Mel, Scott, John and Me! I love it! :) Time to for me this one go!

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Here is my review of the changes.
1. I love the deeper playlists on most of the channels plus the additions of a 90's and 2000's stations which is good.
2. Deep Tracks is incredible , I have heard music that I have not heard before in my life.
3. The addition of Rick Dees and Casey Kasum to the 80's with their top 40 countdowns it makes me think of a time when people listened to the radio to hear this stuff , and I am only 22.
Dislikes.
1. The edited stuff on Lithium and HHN even though I dont listen to those channels those channels should be uncensored.
2. The single artist channels except Margritaville need to go , or have one channel dedicated to a single artist that rotates each week.

Hopes
1. With the Boneyard coming in January I hope they play the newer tracks from those artists like Rush and ACDC.

This merger has been mixed for me , but time will tell if it gets better.

Sorry, but as long as the money keeps coming in, the single artist channels are staying.

And, from what I hear, the Elvis channel is great marketing. A lot of people travel to Graceland, see the Elvis channel studio.

And Margaritaville isn't a single artist channel. I'm listening online through my Stiletto 2, and right now, they're playing The Beatles. :confused:

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Sorry, but as long as the money keeps coming in, the single artist channels are staying.

And, from what I hear, the Elvis channel is great marketing. A lot of people travel to Graceland, see the Elvis channel studio.

And Margaritaville isn't a single artist channel. I'm listening online through my Stiletto 2, and right now, they're playing The Beatles. :confused:

Are you saying that labels or someone else is paying Sirius for these exclusive channels? They seem to irritate most listeners who say the same thing, "I love AC/DC but for 24-7 and several months, it's too much".

I think the Elvis Channel is without a doubt the exception to the rule when it comes to single artists channels because it is unique, works as a marketing tool and probably draws in new subscribers.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Are you saying that labels or someone else is paying Sirius for these exclusive channels? They seem to irritate most listeners who say the same thing, "I love AC/DC but for 24-7 and several months, it's too much".

I think the Elvis Channel is without a doubt the exception to the rule when it comes to single artists channels because it is unique, works as a marketing tool and probably draws in new subscribers.

E-street Radio, AC/DC Radio and Led Zepplin Radio all give Payola (only illegal on a non-pay service) to Sirius XM to carry the content.

Elvis Radio is a jointly produced station between the Presly estate and Sirius while Margaretaville is a venture with Jimmy Buffet (terms not known but not payola).