Lifetime Sub rules

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
The customer service guy offered me the lifetime sub and I took it. Now that it's paid for, I'm thinking I don't really know what exactly this involves. What happens if my radio breaks? Is there a charge to replace it with another one? How much? Or is a lifetime sub for only one radio? Or how many radios can I go through during my 'lifetime?' I've been trying to read up on it online but have found conflicting answers on EVERYthing.
thanks

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
You can swap your radio up to three times at $75 (this can be waived at the CS rep's discretion).

If you buy a radio from Best Buy and get the extended warranty plan, it will not count as a radio swap.

Lifetime Subscription Plan: A "Lifetime Subscription" is one that continues for the life of the Receiver equipment.

A Lifetime Subscription is not transferable if it is associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer in a vehicle, except in the event the original Receiver associated with that Lifetime Subscription is stolen, accidentally damaged or if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., it is defective.

A Lifetime Subscription associated with a home, portable, or dock & play Receiver is transferable from one Receiver to another Receiver, up to a maximum of three (3) times. Each permitted transfer of a Subscription is subject to a transfer fee. If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription from one Receiver to another or from one person to another, you will be charged a transfer fee.

The current transfer fee is set forth in these Terms. No transfer fee will be charged for the transfer of a Lifetime Subscription associated with a Receiver installed by an automaker or an automotive dealer if, in the sole discretion of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc., the Receiver is defective.

Lifetime Subscriptions are nonrefundable. You may cancel a Lifetime Subscription but if you cancel during the first year of service you will be charged a cancellation fee set forth in these Terms.

If you transfer a Lifetime Subscription Plan from one Receiver to another or from one person to another the transfer fee is currently $75.00.

Let me know if you have any questions about your new SIRIUS Lifetime sub.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This also means that radios from 2-4 get paid the $8.99 rate and not the full $12.99 rate, but you have to make sure that lifetime subscription radio is the primary radio. Otherwise they will still make the primary radio the $12.99 rate radio :shock:

TurfToeTony

Oct 18, 2008
Sure sounds like Best Buy with the extended warranty plan is the way to go. Thanks for all the info. :bigthumbup:

Vols44

Oct 18, 2008
Sure sounds like Best Buy with the extended warranty plan is the way to go. Thanks for all the info. :bigthumbup:

I'd say it's the safest bricks and mortar option. Might want to try tss-radio.com. They offer extended warranties on their receivers as well. The customer service is off the charts and their shipping is comparable to newegg.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I can tell you this. You dont get the premium online subscription free with it. I just signed up for it and it makes a big difference. Instead of 32k stream you get 128k. I can notice it already with how much lower I use the volume with the premium stream.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I don't think the lifetime would have worked for me. I've owned probably 10-12 different portables.

That is the very reason I've never done a lifetime, I like to change hardware too much. I would have gone through my 3 radios in no time, unless I always wanted to pay for a secondary sub for new radios, which is what some do.

Clearly a lifetime would have been the way to go way back when, but I don't regret not doing it!