Lifetime Sirius Sub - Best of XM?

satradfan

Oct 11, 2008
I have a lifetime Sirius sub...does anyone know what plan options I have for adding the best of XM?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
If I recall from what others said, if you are a life timer sub and want to add best of XM, you pay a onetime fee of 150, and you have it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That is what has been reported. I've not called to verify that info, but I've read is several times reported by others who claim they did.

satradfan

Oct 11, 2008
Are you the same satradfan as on backstage? The guy that got the first S50 at a Best Buy in LA? The guy that was in the first few hundred of XM Subscribers nationwide?

Just curious.

That's me. The very first S50! Which now sits in a box that also has Sirius H2A plug n play...what an amazing advancement in technology over the last few years.

Great to be on this new forum!

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
If I recall from what others said, if you are a life timer sub and want to add best of XM, you pay a onetime fee of 150, and you have it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
quoted for truth and for experience. i fall into both categories.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I just checked and the $150 deal is listed as an option for my lifetime radio. Login to your account page at home.sirius.com, click on the appropriate ESN, then click on the "Change my Plan" link and you should see the $150 lifetime upgrade option.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I just checked and the $150 deal is listed as an option for my lifetime radio. Login to your account page at home.sirius.com, click on the appropriate ESN, then click on the "Change my Plan" link and you should see the $150 lifetime upgrade option.

There you have it, it is official then. This is indeend an option!

Thanks Proper for finding that out for us!

blacknoi

Oct 14, 2008
I'm definitely going to wait on this 150/one time fee option.

What if there's another package that later gets added as an option? I got 2 lifetimes and will wait to see where the chips fall before investing any more money upfront.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I think $150 for what they say is the best of XM is crap. No music,no baseball and channels I could care less about. Didn't XM try to charge like $1 or $2 for the Virus a while back and then changed it? From what I heard they couldn't get more than 25,000 to pay for that. I mean no disrespect,but $150 is way to much. I think XM subscribers made out better on the best of Sirus deal. I'm glad I have 2 lifetimed radios,but I won't pay$150 for that crap. Thanks but no thanks.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I agree, there is not one single channel on the "Best of XM" that I would ever listen to. Did we get gipped? I don't think so. In my opinion, all of the best programming was already on SIRIUS to begin with (which is why I decided to subscribe with them as opposed to XM).

There just isn't anything worth listening to on the XM side (and I have tried XM's promotional Internet Radio offer at $4.99/month, so I am familiar with their programming).

But that's just my opinion. I know there are quite a few of you out there that want Baseball (which would have made it to the "Best of XM" package if there wasn't an issue with the contract with the MLB), and there are those of you that simply prefer XM's programming.

All I can really say is, I sympathise. (I can only imagine how I would feel if the situation was the other way around)

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
There is nothing on the best of XM that I would want.

If they add:

165 Talk Radio
166 America Right
167 America Left
152 Extreme Talk
158 America's Talk

I would do it.

If they added MLB on top of that it would be a no brainer.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I thin you made a good point in that everyone probably has a group of channels that if the Best of contained they would subscribe. There is just no way you are going to be able to please everyone in this. I think their channels selections were terrible, but I can also seem where they are going considering the music channel consolidation that is likely very soon. I also think we'll see that happen on the talk and entertainment side as well.

There is nothing on the best of XM that I would want.

If they add:

165 Talk Radio
166 America Right
167 America Left
152 Extreme Talk
158 America's Talk

I would do it.

If they added MLB on top of that it would be a no brainer.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
I was briefly considering getting an XM tuner and adding best of Sirius. But after they consolidate "redundant" channels, that seems like way worse of a deal. Now It'd be like $16 a month for basically what I get now plus the few XM channels that don't get swallowed up after the consolidation.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I was briefly considering getting an XM tuner and adding best of Sirius. But after they consolidate "redundant" channels, that seems like way worse of a deal. Now It'd be like $16 a month for basically what I get now plus the few XM channels that don't get swallowed up after the consolidation.

Once the consolodation happens, the XM tuner with BoS would be the only configuration which would get you almost everything.