lifetime radio sub question

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
Thinking of getting a new radio, i am a lifetime sub who has not used any swaps yet,
called sirius and they said i could buy and xm radio and swap my sirius lifetime sub to an xm radio. Did not know that? because i would really like to get the baseball play by play.Has anyone here done that. and can anyone suggest the xm radio to buy?
figure i will head over to tss radio and buy it because they said at sirius on the phone i could not use the promo edge radio they had as a lifetime swap

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I imagine you can swap a Sirius radio for an XM. Billing for both are now merged :)

I don't think any promos or rebates will not apply to a lifetime subscription transfer :(

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yep, they FINALLY managed to get the transfer policy up and running.
If by some strange bit of luck, you end up talking to a customer service rep that says that you can't, get in touch with SXM_Help here at DRC. They will take good care of you.

I'm still loving my Lynx. TSS has had some good deals on them lately too.

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
thanks! I noticed they are out of the lynx home and car kits at tss radio,
think I will wait til they get some more in but that sounds like the one i should get

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
thanks! I noticed they are out of the lynx home and car kits at tss radio,
think I will wait til they get some more in but that sounds like the one i should get

Talk to Taylor. He'll let you know when they can get more. He had mentioned in another thread that an updated Onyx was on the way that is supposed to be pretty slick too. (There weren't any details available about what will be different, just that it should be cool.)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Cool! Have fun with it. Let us know how you like it, and share your presets too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
ok! problem!

got it today,switched the radio no prob
hooked the home kit up and started it from there,no prob
took it out to the car and it will not pick up the sat,
do i just need to get a refresh signal or should it show i have some signal?
help!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
ok! problem!

got it today,switched the radio no prob
hooked the home kit up and started it from there,no prob
took it out to the car and it will not pick up the sat,
do i just need to get a refresh signal or should it show i have some signal?
help!

If it works in the home kit, I would think you might have a bad antenna or car dock :(

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
took a ride to the store,came home,went back out to give it one more try!....
and now it is working fine!! i did not do anything different, lol
awesome radio!,the sound is great

svzurich

Feb 1, 2013
I have a question regarding lifetime transfer limits. Which page of the current limits are correct?

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4555

That page says that unlimited transfers purchased before June 20, 2005. I paid $494.14 on March 23, 2005. :D

This page says 3 times only. http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/siriusxm_customeragreement_eng.pdf

So... can I make my 2nd transfer without worrying about limits? Or must I pick really well knowing there can only be one more radio after this?

Kimmie, annoyed that my old Streamer GTR is better than the current radios when it comes to playback times and presets.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have a question regarding lifetime transfer limits. Which page of the current limits are correct?

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4555

That page says that unlimited transfers purchased before June 20, 2005. I paid $494.14 on March 23, 2005. :D

This page says 3 times only. http://www.siriusxm.com/pdf/siriusxm_customeragreement_eng.pdf

So... can I make my 2nd transfer without worrying about limits? Or must I pick really well knowing there can only be one more radio after this?

Kimmie, annoyed that my old Streamer GTR is better than the current radios when it comes to playback times and presets.

As far as I know it has ALWAYS been 3 transfers. The have not counted some transfers in some cases before (warrentee replacements, etc.) but that has always been their discretion.

I would assume you have 3. 4 if you can sweettalk them.

svzurich

Feb 1, 2013
3 is what I heard way back when my Xact egg died and I bought the Streamer GTR. The idea of getting my 2nd to last radio is sobering. :)

Been able to hold off paying for the internet streaming by logging into the web site on my tablet and streaming Sirius over my wifi hotspot from phone.

IndustrialH

"Not dead... just resting"
full extract from Inside Radio

WHAT’S THE MEANING OF LIFE? IT’S A SIRIUS, PRICEY QUESTION.

A satellite radio subscriber has sued SiriusXM Radio, claiming the company failed to honour the lifetime subscription he purchased from it nearly 10 year ago. Filed in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, the complaint seeks class action status for all those who purchased a lifetime subscription. The outcome may turn on the definition of “lifetime.”

SiriusXM led consumers to believe that its lifetime subscriptions were for the lifetime of the consumer, the suit claims. But when those subscribers tried to transfer the subscription from one receiver to another or from one car to another, the company said “lifetime” referred not to the lifetime of the purchasing consumer, but to the lifetime of the receiver or automobile.

Paul Wright, a resident of Huntington Beach, CA, bought said subscription in Dec. 2006 for $400. No service agreement or other written agreement was provided at the time, Wright says. He took “lifetime” to mean his lifetime and says at the time of purchase he received no notice that meant anything other than that or that the subscription was limited to the original device or subject to a limited number of device transfers. Fast-forward to January 2016 and Wright says he tried to transfer his lifetime subscription to a new Stiletto portable receiver after his old Stiletto quit working; the company refused the transfer.

The complaint argues that when XM Satellite Radio Holding and Sirius Satellite Radio merged in July 2008, the combined entity “assumed and acquired all duties, obligations and liabilities of its predecessors.”

The complaint accuses SiriusXM of breach of express contract, breach of implied contract, fraudulent misrepresentation and violations of California laws governing unfair competition and consumer protections.

Reactions: JHDK

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I think the first lifetime subs were nontransferable. My first lifetime sub was $499 & came with three transfers at $70 or $75 a piece. That was in 2006 I think.

I haven't turned that radio on in years. I need to find it & see if it still works.

The radio I have in my truck right now, has a lifetime I bought in 2008. The XMP3 that I originally bought it for, died a few years ago. I switched it to an XM something or other

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I think that SXM is safe with the transfer charges because they told subscribers about the fee up front. The other bit about lifetime not really being "lifetime" sounds like they will have a hard time defending. I still wish I had done the lifetime thing.