Lifelock 400 Thoughts/Predictions

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Who's going to win this one?

Race #19 of #36.

Qualifying 8:40PM Thursday night on Speed.

Green Flag 8:16PM Saturday night on TNT. Best coverage to date IMO. Even better now without Weber in the booth.

46 teams vying for 43 spots.

Kyle Busch defending race winner.

I'm going with Harvick this week. He's had some success here and he's loooong over due!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
As Jerry Seinfeld used to say...

Newman :right:

JPM
Posted via Mobile Device

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Please no rain for qualifying!

Anybody but Jimmie (my motto for the year)

And besides maybe Gordon and Mark.....no Hendrick stuff either.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Last I looked, it looked OK for qualifying but a chance of T. Storms on Saturday. Who knows? They have a tough time predicting today's weather sometimes. :scratch:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
You need a DVR.

YES YES YES!!!!!! The best thing since Joey Logano....er...I mean, sliced bread. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Congrats to Vickers for yet another pole this weekend. Maybe luck will be on his side and he can finally get that first Cup win under his belt. Oh, that's right, he did steal that win back in 06' @ Talladega when he took out his teammate and the leader of the race. Sorry, my bad. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, it should be interesting with the feuding teammates starting side by side on the front row. What are the chances that Vickers and Speed get together on the first lap?

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Congrats to Vickers for yet another pole this weekend. Maybe luck will be on his side and he can finally get that first Cup win under his belt. Oh, that's right, he did steal that win back in 06' @ Talladega when he took out his teammate and the leader of the race. Sorry, my bad. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, it should be interesting with the feuding teammates starting side by side on the front row. What are the chances that Vickers and Speed get together on the first lap?

I didn't hear all of Vickers' comments on Sirius yesterday. What did he say about Speed and Kyle?

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I didn't hear all of Vickers' comments on Sirius yesterday. What did he say about Speed and Kyle?

I can't give you the exact quotes but the general idea that he was trying to convey was that as far as he and Speed are concerned..... He hasn't talked to him at all since their run-in on the track. He didn't care for comments made by Speed after their incident.

As far as Busch goes, on TP, he pretty much blamed Kyle for where he/Vickers is in the points right now due to Kyle taking out the field @ Daytona and other things that Kyle has done. I really don't get where Vickers is coming from sometimes. Sorry not a Vickers fan here. Perhaps someone else can give you a more impartial view of his comments.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I used to like Vickers. I felt bad for him after everyone said he took out Dale Jr. and JJ to win that race in Talladega a few years ago. I didn't like the way HMS treated him when he decided to leave them at the end of the 2006 season. I've read a lot about him and his work with intercity kids while at HMS.

Now I don't care for him too much. The wrecks he gets into are because he puts himself in the position to get wrecked. He's not a smart racer IMHO.

Some Busch Series Champions don't make Cup Series drivers :)

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Vickers not only got the pole....he annihilated everyone but Speed. Gotta love it. 2 mph faster and tenths faster...no one even close.:clap: YEEHAW !!! It's called guts. Now if he can just put it together for the race...he's got the qualifying down pat.