Lie Detector Test for Christine

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard's attempt to make Christine take a lie detector test about whether or not she fucked her emotional friend is a prime example of Stern Show first. Sal does not want to know and does not want a divorce because a) he seems to have a good thing in Christine and appears to love her b) he has little kids who are harmed the most by a divorce and c) he cannot afford it. Howard doesn't seem to have the slightest care about the consequences of Christine failing the lie dectector test. In fact he stated that if he found that Beth had fucked another man, it would be all over. Macho Artie of course chimed in he agreed with Howard. I think I used to be in that camp too. But not every culture has a one-strike rule when it comes cheating. It is crazy. If both people still love each other and they have otherwise made a nice life together, one strike and you're out is an insane policy.

Davis

Oct 10, 2008
Well said Captain.

Of course he is all about "show first". He was this way with Artie even though he denied it. I think he [Howard] was caught off guard when somebody called him out on it.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
I agree, but we should also blame Sal for bringing his dirty laundry to the show. Rule #1 at that place should be, "If you don't want to talk about it on the air, keep Howard completely in the dark about it."

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I agree, but we should also blame Sal for bringing his dirty laundry to the show. Rule #1 at that place should be, "If you don't want to talk about it on the air, keep Howard completely in the dark about it."

Well said. I agree with that 100%. What know one ever says is why doesn't she work???? She has all this free time to text and do whatever. She has Sal bust his ass everyday and she doesn't even work. We all know Sal can't be making that much money. I feel bad for the guy,but like Bark said he shoudl have kept his mouth shut if he didn't want Howard asking questions.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Christine and Sal know the rules and have profited from them before to the tune of $10,000. Howard has every right to think he could get her into another "bare your personal life for 10 Prada handbags" scenario, and Christine and Sal have every right to turn it down. The very fact that turning it down says mega-volumes about the actual truth is just more fuel for the fire.

Getting people to reveal personal things that are embarrassing, humiliating and even downright dangerous to relationships is a staple of the show. Paying them to do it is just one of the many ways the show gets it done. This is one of the cruel and inhuman things that remains about the "Old Howard" whom everyone seems to miss (right up until he shows up in a bit like this).

Bark is correct, if you don't want your personal life on the air, then don't talk about your personal life.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
I pretty much agree with you all on this. Don't tell anyone about it, and you won't suffer.

Sal suffers from a 'look at me' complex though, so he tells a few people thinking he can get a bit of attention, but in the end he ends up getting tons more than he bargained for. Hehe.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I pretty much agree with you all on this. Don't tell anyone about it, and you won't suffer.

Sal suffers from a 'look at me' complex though, so he tells a few people thinking he can get a bit of attention, but in the end he ends up getting tons more than he bargained for. Hehe.

Sal suffers from a 'look at me' complex. Christine suffers through his 'look at me' complex. I won't defend her because I find her to be the type of person I would never want to have a conversation with, but I don't care for Sal either, so I'm happy they found one another.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
:2funny:

Good luck getting Howard to agree to THAT one. :smug:

Booey said on the WUS that one of the lie detector bits that was suggested at the meeting was asking Beth whether she really wanted children. That I would pay to listen to.

[EdTorian] Ehhh, do you really dislike rugrats? [/EdTorian]

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
You're already paying!

Nope, I'm on the "I'm only paying for the stuff that isn't Howard" plan. That way if I ever start to hate the show and bitch about it constantly, I can still listen to every minute of every day without appearing to be a hypocritical ass.

How's that for future planning? :cool:

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Sal suffers from a 'look at me' complex. Christine suffers through his 'look at me' complex. I won't defend her because I find her to be the type of person I would never want to have a conversation with, but I don't care for Sal either, so I'm happy they found one another.

:bigthumbup: