Let's talk uppity liquor

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
They still print that magazine? Sorry, any top 25 list without a single Cohiba on it is meaningless to me.
If it makes you feel better, there's a Cohiba each year, in most of the years prior to 2015.
Cigar Aficionado - Low Membership Price!

But my point is this: when I'm in the Caribbean, I not only expect to be able to buy local, but to get local for less than in New England. It's true for rum, but not cigars. Having to pay $25 - $40 for a mediocre Cuban cigar, when I'm right near Honduras, Nicaragua, or Dominican Republic, is nuts. Back home, I can get a top cigar for $15, although I rarely do so.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
There are several dry counties in Tennessee and Kansas. (they sell beer but no hard liquor). And you can't buy liquor in either state in a convenience store. Liquor store only. In Kansas the beer at convenience stores/grocery store is limited to 3.2 alcohol too, have to go to a liquor store for full strength beer. Colorado and North Dakota have 3.2 also.
However, they do sell liquor on Sunday in Kansas now, in certain counties. From 12-6 pm
This explains a lot.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
So, last time I was home I found a liquor store, and I saw Walmart was selling wine now.

Might have to buy some of my favorite rum.

I was also looking into some Irish Whiskey. Jameson looks to be the most popular here in the US

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Had a great cocktail in San Antonio (woohoo!) at the Esquire Tavern. Gin, lemongrass, cilantro-wormwood bitters. Bam! Right up my alley. The cilantro makes it. Gotta have more.

Reactions: HecticArt

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I saw this when it first aired. It's why a good bottle of scotch is over $50.

When I was stationed in Korea, some of my friends would give me money to buy them some Chivas Regal for them. It cost less in the PX than it did out in town, plus I never bought any for myself, so I never went over my allotted amount

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Ok, this has gone viral because I think she is actually trying to be serious here and it's not just another staged internet joke.

Being hot means you can get away with a lot but this would even test my limits if I were at her bar.

-WAY too much fruit.
-WAY too much bourbon...Like one of these and you crash your car and wind up in jail for 8 days too much.
-WAY too much ice.

At least she got the sugar cube and bitters part right, but it doesn't really matter cause all that fruit ruined it in the first place.

Put those 3 together + a hot bartender and you have the perfect recipe for a viral video. Now that I think about maybe my original thought was wrong and this whole thing was staged to make a viral video.